It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC

About xmlrules (answer to fujiJuice) 
Post About xmlrules (answer to fujiJuice)
fujiJuice wrote:
However I have a question, I'm trying to understand how these XML files work. I'm trying to add weapons to the startmap.bsp so that when we die we can just resupply quickly. Is this not possible? I can seem to get weapons to appear, but when I login they disappear.

The xml files with additionnal weapon, monster ... are strored on the worldserver. I am the only one who can modify them.

You can create your own files and test them offline. It is what JudicatorOmega has done with the first map (Outer base / base.bsp). He has sent the file to me and I have incorporated it on the worldserver. Look at the dead body near the elevator of base1, for understanding.

Crusard has done the same thing and created 2 special mission that use deathmatch maps : "crash n massacre" and "run for the head". These mission can be reached from "Installation" for the first and "Mine entrance" for the second. There is also the "punishment", reachable from the startmap and made by me.

Storing items on the startmap like you are requesting is possible but it will unbalance the game. Look at this picture from my betatest account ;) :

If you want to preserve your weapon list... don't die.

About the xmlrules, you can look at this discussion thread :
http://www.quakesrc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1281

The old wiki related to coopordie is no more available, I will add some technical pages directly on the coopordie main site... ASAP.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:35 am

I just wanted to make sure that was the issue and not me incorrectly utilizing the XML files.

Thank you for the information.

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:31 pm