It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

OMG this rocks 
Post OMG this rocks
I just stumbled on this mod by accident after going back for a nostalgic look at Q2. I've been playing FPS since Wolfenstien, and cut my teeth playing Quake DM. One of my fondest memories of my teen years is hooking up five PCs in a LAN and rampaging through Q2 co-op in one five hour sitting. I still chuckle thinking about how I tricked a mate into stepping into one of the prison cells and locking it behind him. The other four of us gathered around and took screenies and laughed while he flipped the bird at us. 'Come on guys, let me out!' LOL.

Makes me feel old playing this game though. I always assume that other gamers have been around for the whole history of FPS, and when one guy I met on the net told me he was eight years old when Half-Life was released it freaked me out. DooM was just ment DooM 3 to him, and everything that came before it was just ancient history! It's tough getting 'the kids' to go and try the classics like Q2 and DooM2. /sigh But I'm gonna go and spread the word about this mod in a few forums where I can, see if I can bump up the numbers in this little community so theres more chance of playing, well, co-op. :)

So if anyone is up for some serious challenge mode playing, let me know and we can hook up. Hell, when I first saw challenge mode I thought it would be pretty easy. Then I stepped infront of two tanks while playing half asleep. Stupid death. Then I trapped myself between two explosive barrels and a gunner. Stupid death. Then a teammate dumped me into lava. (I knew he was noob, I shoulda told him not to touch that button). Stupid death. Then I was crushed to death instantly by a elevator platform. (Those things terrify me now!) Stupid death.

Great fun :)

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:30 pm
Good luck for the challenge mode !

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:20 pm