It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC

Monsters I hate 
Champion in solo and duo and trio

Post Re: Monsters I hate
But the point is that almost everything can be dodged by strafing around your opponent, except for the parasite.

And as for the gunner, if you strafe in the wrong direction, his grenades will kill you. ;)

Mon May 19, 2008 5:05 am

parasites are dodgable, if you jump onto them they cant fire at you, they are a bitch to jump onto though especially with the panic of being sucked dry whilst you attempt it.

gl with that one ;)

Tue May 20, 2008 6:28 pm
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

i think wors enemy is SHOTGUN SOLDIER DAMMIT!!!!!
or gladiator

Wed May 28, 2008 4:43 pm

Gladiator is EASY. He takes a while to melee attack, so you close up on him, give him a good shot and strafe backwards. Instead of railing your ass to the wall, he'll try to attack you with melee, giving you time to kill him. It may sound hard, but its easy as hell.

Wed May 28, 2008 10:00 pm

Everything was easy until this annoying nightmare monster mash-up.

Thu May 29, 2008 4:01 am
Champion in solo and duo

Now if there's a way to keep this forum alive, then it's by posting your Top 5 of most hated/annoying Quake 2 Stroggs ever. Not that any of them can really bring you down in a one on one fight, but the bad news are, unless you manage to memorize all of the game or stay 100% on guard all the time, they will often catch you with your pants down. Sometimes, a little bit too often...

Here is my list of most hated:

5th place and the bottom of my ranking of most hated Stroggs is taken by the Shotgun Soldier! Being the peanuts of Stroggos, someone must have mistaken them for Medics and given some seriously hardcore weapons to use against us, marines!

Medic: "What am I doing with this crappy blaster when those weaklings get all the good stuff? Man, it takes forever to kill me! Give me a decent weapon!"

Once in a while, an occasional Shotgun Soldier may surprisingly appear behind your back or run out of the corner, right when that chaingun of yours enters the cooldown mode. There is no end to your hate then, and the closer they get, the greater the hate.

The question I would like to ask one of those half-processed Stroggs is "Can't you miss me at least once? Are you cheating or something?", but the usual "Intruder!" is the most likely reply I would probably get.

4th place is taken by Berserkers. Ok, they're just a casual two-shot kill from a shotty. Easy. And you just run forward and backwards to avoid being hit. Peace of cake. Now, if you get just a little bit too confident or let them approach from behind, you might end up flying right into that warm lava pit nearby, or to some other unpleasant place.

3rd comes the Gladiator. There's a separate story behind this restless Strogg trooper. When I was taking my first steps in Quake 2, the Gladiators were literally giving me nightmares. The powerful precision blasts of their railguns usually left me with "Run" and "Sprint" options to choose from (that was before I knew what a power shield is), and those looks and voices (I still don't seem to understand what they are saying) started to associate with massive damage for me.

The nightmares didn't stop, until I realized you have to challenge them to a melee fight and the image of bloody horned devils suddenly gets fluffier.

2nd place and the special annoyance award belongs to the Tank Commander, for making me spend all of my valuable time and ammo on him. And contrary to the regular Tanks, I can actually assume that being hit by one of their rockets is possible! Isn't that enough for the 2nd place? Apparently, not, because not only it's standing there and shooting at you, its primary weapon appears to be that dragging of time that makes you think, while standing in safety behind the wall, waiting over their rocket bursts like the bombings of WWII: "Where the hell is that Berserker to push me into the previously mentioned lava pit and put an end to my misery?"

1st one is definitely the Parasite. There hasn't been a greater annoyance than this life-sucking puppy ever spotted leaving one of those Processing/Assembling Plants on Stroggos. Whoever was the genius Strogg (Brain) who produced the blueprints for this baby, he must have been instantly awarded with a Stroggel prize in all nominations and a spot in Makron's personal guard. When I see one of those Parasites, I run, or just turn off the sound... and the screen. I simply can't take a beating from those guys. Parasite, you are my annoying and hated Strogg number one!

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:08 pm
Admin

I agree for the parasite, I'm generally completely panicked when I'm attacked by a parasite :mrgreen:

Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Champion in quartet

Well on my top five MONSTER I HATE:

I must place in 5th i must place the Shotgun soldier. (They are like flys) And are placed in places that we never think.

For the 4th is the Machingun Soldier, because it have a deadly aiming and... damn, if you don't see him it can kill you easy.

In the 3th is the Berserker. IF they get close, they can send you to the DEAD on a lava, and, oh god, THEY more annoying than the Shotgun soldier.

2th is the Gladiator. God, one bad move and you are DEAD. I have experimented that is not good. Oh, and they can let you with LESS than 10 HP (no armor).

Finally, for the first places is...

THE SON OF THE STROGS: The Parasite. When i heard them, is just want to run or let the game there, When they got you on range, to me becomes more important being out of its atack than killing bigger monsters.

God, i Hate it... They are so dificult to kill, because when you want to kill them they start suggin your health, and that sound... it give me creeps..

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:24 pm
Champion in solo and duo

It's alive!

Come on, don't be shy! List your Top 5 Most Hated Monsters and maybe, just maybe you're lucky enough to win a 2 day tour of Cerberon, the proud capital city of Stroggos!

The organizers of the tour are not responsible for loss of participants' organs and body parts of any shape, placement, nature and quantity. Failure to meet the time limitations prescribed in the schedule may result in permanent integration into the native social environment.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:21 pm
Champion in solo and duo and trio

Post Monsters
Because I am in good mood today, I am going to give you a full list, from the easiest to the hardest monster (in my opinion, of course). Here goes:

1. Barracuda Shark. They can't even get near you, let damage you. They're just a waste of ammo.
2. Blaster/Light Soldier. They are easy to kill, don't have good aim, and are Bantha fodder for Machine Gun and Shotgun Guards (I love it when I make enemies fight each other and determine who would win).
3. Brains. He's so slow and can't even think of damaging you. It's just his shield and his high HP that may extinguish your ammo pretty quick.
4. Berserker. Claims to be an expert on melee, but Mutant is way better. He actually helps me get to higher secrets.
5. Iron Maiden. They're slow and are easily defeated, don't have lots of HP.
6. Enforcer. They're easy and slow. Machine Gun guards are deadlier, and aim better, and are faster, but have less HP.
7. Tank or Tank Commander. They're too easy and too slow - just a waste of ammo. Machine Gun soldiers are much stronger and aim better. A Machine Gun soldier with the amount of health of a Tank would be a formidable opponent.
8. Flying Boss. KOTS2000 calls it Prince of the Air, I don't know what his name actually is. He's very easy, just keep strafing and you'll be fine.
9. Jorg. This is the machine Makron sits on. It's pretty easy, just keep strafing and hide behind pillars when he unleashes BFG10K.
10. Medic. The medic himself isn't at all strong, and is easily slain. It's just his healing abilities that are a nuisance. Don't think you'll be happy when you find out Medics have resurrected a Tank Commander, or Makron. Yes, I have played custom Single Player levels, in which Makron can be resurrected, and it'll be most likely, because Medics spawn near him after you kill him and you'll have to fight him again. That's in Premonition of Angron.
11. Land Boss. These big tanks, Tank Leaders, I don't know what they're called. They're easy if you keep strafing, it's just that their unexpected rocket attack might hit you, but highly unlikely.
12. Gladiator. He might seem easy if he's alone, but a stationary Gladiator is much deadlier than a walking Gladiator because he aims better and you have to get near him to get him to use his melee attack. Also Gladiators that come in large pockets may be too much, because while concentrating on one, the Rail Gun on the other has a high chance of getting you.
13. Makron. He's easy if you keep strafing, you can dodge his Rail Gun and Hyper Blaster that way. But he fires his BFG10K fast, unlike Jorg, so be prepared to hide behind an object.
14. Machine Gun Soldier. Even though they can damage your HP and lower it quickly, they are easily defeated. But, they're frequently in large numbers and will cause you trouble.
15. Gunner. Let's not forget them. They are actually deadlier when they are alone, or with more Gunners. Their grenades are deadly and if one of them gets you, there's a chance the others might, too. But Gunners, luckily, are best at damaging themselves, or other Strogg in the area and that'll keep them occupied fighting with some other Strogg while you fight others.
16. Shotgun Soldier. Impossible to dodge by strafing, and they are often in large numbers, or with Machine Gun Soldiers, and they become deadly.
17. Technicians. Icarus and Technicians are pretty much the same, but Technicians can be fooled to use their melee attack, unlike Icarus, which makes them less of a threat than Icarus. Also, Icarus aim better, and Flyers aim better than Technicians, too.
18. Flyers. They are like Icarus, but with less health points.
19. Icarus. They have nice auto-aim hack and are hard to dodge.
20. Parasite. You cannot dodge it, it's fast and when I am doing runs on missions that I don't want to lose any HP or armor on, I am usually reloading around the time Parasites are there. And, they're quick!
21. Mutant. Just being around him causes me fear. Not to mention that his Jump attack does incredible damage, and you can't get close enough to prevent it because he'll melee attack you instead!

So here it is, I hope you have read it thoroughly! :)

Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:46 pm