It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC

Monsters I hate 
Champion in solo and duo

Post Re: Monsters
For the most part I agree with you, Teo, especially on the descriptions. I also love seeing Stroggs fight each other and don't mind sacrificing a few HP points to make that happen. My all time favourite fight was a Tank Commander vs. Berserker as it was really amusing to watch how the latter is throwing around a houndred-ton machine of destruction that ended up on a crate where the expert of melee, as you called him, couldn't get him and was put out by a burst of rockets.

However, I was quite surprised by your Top Feared monster choice.

Teo wrote:
21. Mutant. Just being around him causes me fear. Not to mention that his Jump attack does incredible damage, and you can't get close enough to prevent it because he'll melee attack you instead!

When I first played, I also feared mutants for their agility and unpredictability, tried to avoid areas where I could meet them, but that was even before I knew you could sidestep anything or lure a ranged Strogg into melee, so that was pretty much an irrational kind of fear.

I agree, Mutant is a formidable opponent on open field where there are no obstacles or other Stroggs present (a situation that can't be imagined, at least not in Classic Quake II missions). In all other cases the overgrown rat gets stuck too often and sometimes even manages to jump on some balcony from where it can't get down to me anymore (is has actually happened).

On a side note, there's only one thing I like more than pitting Stroggs against each other, and that's jailing them behind those indestructable force fields. I managed to lock 2 Gladiators once in one cell and won't miss an opportunity to get even more.

Well, that's pretty much it!

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:56 am
Champion in solo and duo and trio

Post Monsters
I fear Mutant mostly because I play a lot - a lot - of custom Q2 SP maps - and authors often put them at the start of a level or somewhere with nowhere to hide with only a Shotgun or a Machine Gun. That doesn't sound too good. :)

Yes, I have many times jailed Strogg in the JAIL2 map (Detention Centre) and it was really fun.

There is one Custom SP Q2 map, called Tab 5: The House of Jorg, which is quite fun with cheats, especially for making monsters fight. There are a lot of monsters in this level and it is easy to make Jorg fight with them, and it is very funny. If you use Noclip + Notarget and release Jorg (without killing the other monsters), and afterwards provoke other monsters to attack you, you can make them accidentally shoot Jorg. It's very fun watching, for example, Jorg vs. Berserker, Jorg vs. Light Guard, Jorg vs. Gunner or Enforcer. It is quite amusing. It's a pity you can't do that in Final Showdown, because Jorg is the only monster in the level.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:22 am
Champion in solo and duo

Post Re: Monsters I hate
That's what I thought. It's due to those custom maps.

By the way, have you ever interfered with Strogg pathing with some really weird consequences? For example, once in Comm Center in the room where an Enforcer is about to press the alarm button, I blocked him with him running stupidly, unable to reach his destination.

That's nothing special as I do it all the time to avoid hp loss, however, shortly after a Light Guard accidently attacked him and he went berserk on him.

I don't know how, but after the Guard was dead, the Enforcer started following me. Really following me wherever I go. He couldn't get into the elevator, but that still was something I never experienced. It happened a long time ago before I even knew about COOP or DIE and I never actually tried to repeat that since then.

Ever got anything like it out of the original Quake 2 maps?

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:17 am
Champion in solo and duo and trio

The only thing like that is the Grunt Prisoner next to the Gunner in Security Complex (JAIL3, I believe). If you shoot him, he starts following you.

It is otherwise funny when one Strogg has attacked another, and the other Strogg tries to reach him and completely ignores you, even if the other Strogg is in another room or several rooms away.

Overall, Strogg are stupid. Though AI of recent games hasn't gone significantly better.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:03 pm

P.D: My first post since... I don't know xD

Sorry about the engrish, i'm still learning it, but everyday i can write better.

Also, they're still the monsters i hate.

Soon i will be playing on the servers, keep up the good work!

P.D 2: I don't know if you guys continued the game...

3.Complete Challenge Mode.In Progress
4.Buy me a better PC.Done.
5.Get me a better internet connection.Done

Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:40 pm

i hate parisites most of all.... for resons stated above by everyone else 2nd most hated are the gunners... specificly the ones how love their grenade launchers a little bit to much...
3rd are the brains... damn waist of my ammo and the hurt when they manage to get to close
4th would be incars they just make me angry.
5th would be the tanks they are anoyingly strong and i have had a few than would do things like fire rockets down the hall way i was entering and hit me and kill me b4 i even knew he was their

my favorite strogg is the blaster soldier tho.. lol i like the cells he will drop in later levels he keeps my power shield fully charged :lol:

Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:37 am
Champion in solo

Gladiator. Easy to kill. Easy to get killed by him if you don't dodging properly.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:02 pm