It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

overflow caused by bodies 
Champion in solo and duo

Post overflow caused by bodies
Hi everybody,

I have some problem with these bodies which are left behind by the dead players. If there are many of them arond a explosive barell and I shoot at the barell the game go wrong for a minute. The screen freeze but I can still walk. And usually, during this period a strogg kills me. Is this problem unique?
I think that problem appears because my PC not enough fast and it can't make the many body pieces and the explosinon. But I'm not sure.
I would be very grateful if somebody could tell me about this.
Since today I died at the mine entrance when I used a granade to clear the area from the stroggs. You know, right at the begining.

Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:01 am

Post Re: overflow caused by bodies
This is a glitch that happens on all PC's. I assume it's cause the worldserver has trouble calculating the appearance of the said bodies. Even my PC freezes there if I'm with a teammate. Specs:

Nvidia 7800GT 256 MB
2GB of RAM
200 GB hard-drive
2.4GHz +3800 Athlon
300W Power Supply

Not amazing, but plenty good for Quake 2 ;)

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:48 pm
Champion in solo and duo

I rather not write down anything about my PC. It would be a great shame after yours. But if it's happens in your PC too the only thing what I can do is not to blow up those boxes.
Anyway, thanks for informing me.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:44 am
Admin

This bug is not related to coopordie nor your PC specs, this is an engine limit. The number of entities (monsters, items, explosions ...etc.) at the same time is limited. When body corpse explode they produce multiple pieces that greatly increase this number. The use of the machine gun can also cause this type of problems.

Some recent engines like KMQuake2 have increased the limit, but like I want coopordie stay compatible with standard engine, so there is no easy issue... :(

Here is a good article related to this problem :
Quake II - ERROR: *Index overflow (and Other Horrible Nasty Problems) SOLVED

Currently the coopordie WorldServer take the last 20 dead bodies per map. One possibilities to limit the problem could be to check the position of corpses and limit their amount per place, by only displaying the most recent. Another feature added to my endless todo list :D

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:26 am
Profile WWW