It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC

Dropping Weapon Upon Death 

Post Dropping Weapon Upon Death
So, I was playing Upper Mines today, or something similar. Passed by the usual high amount of corpses and had an idea. What if upon death, the person would drop there weapon? And if possible, a cool idea would be to have a person using a blaster drop a pack of ammo (randomly selected). This would add to the realism and more importantly give poor noobs like me a chance. There's nothing worse then running around in the middle of the game with a blaster and only big weapons with little ammo here and there with weapon stay on :( What do you think Pat? Maybe in the next patch?

Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:50 am
Admin

Post Re: Dropping Weapon Upon Death
Hum... after reading your message, here are ideas that come to me :

:arrow: Adding a feature like you describe can break the difficulty level, by allowing too big weapons in early levels.

:idea: Separate the body corpses from normal and challenge mode could be a good idea. A dead body on a high mission in challenge mode is not so trivial.

:arrow: For not breaking the game progression I would prefer to add a little gift, like a Stimpacks, Armor Shards or an ammo box of the last weapon used by the player.

I will try to look at that when working on the next patch...

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:34 am
Profile WWW

If you think it could add too much firepower, try limiting it to a few weapons, like shotgun and machinegun. Neither are great, but as long as you can have SOMETHING besides a blaster, you have a chance. Also, ammo and small medpacks sounds good as well, as ammo is very scarce in this mod. Did you BSP edit that?

Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:10 pm

Another good idea is to make the following: The bigger the monster, the cooler the item. An example:

You kill a gladiator, gladiator drops shells.
You kill a Tank Commander, he drops bullets
You kill a Super Tank, he drops grenades
You kill a Flying boss, he drops health (10)

Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:20 pm
Admin

@Rodrigez: have a separate set for challenge and normal mode could allow to give more valuable gift in normal mode.

@Fido: we currently talk about player's corpse, not monsters. The feature you describe already exist, it's partially random and doesn't occur very often.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:26 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah, Quake 2 already has that kind of system, although it doesn't matter about the monster type and its rare. Well, I like this mod a lot, but not really being able to save makes it even harder. A easy way to get guns and ammo could really help.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:40 pm

An easy way to get weapons and ammo? play with mates. A team gets to places you couldn't even imagine you'd get when alone. Just make sure to see the Screenshot topic.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Seen it before, but I can NEVER find people to play with anymore and dying is punished so heavily that when I do, I'm half scared to move.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:32 pm

Hah, Coopordie is more active than ever! The other day while Mik1, me and Teo where playing, so was some other guy playing alone AND there was crusard cooping with another guy. Infact a guy called max128 joined our game (A milisecond before we could get to the exit) and we had a 4 man team until we had to kick him and set max clients to 3.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:35 am

I hate when people kick and make 3 man servers :( Every server should be 8. (I know the max is 4, but still).

Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:08 am