It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC

HP not saving? 

Post HP not saving?
First of all, hi everyone! I was lucky enough to find this group of yours by accident now that I've had a sudden urge to play the good old Quake again after who knows how many years.

I'm a new member, yet I seem to have found out something I would like to receive feedback on.

When the game information is being saved (inventory, level, items, health, armor), it doesn't look like the max health cap (boosted by adrenaline packs) is actually saved along with everything else. I know it may be just a minor issue, or not an issue at all (it may be intended to work that way). So, anyway, have you guys noticed this?

Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:53 pm
Admin

Post Re: HP not saving?
Hi Kain, and welcome to COOP or DIE.

You are right, the max health is not saved in the profile, only the current health. So when you restart, your max health is capped to 100, and if your current health is above, it is set to 100 too.

To be right I have never really considered this fact. I think we could consider the adrenaline bonus to be a "per session" bonus. So it is OK to reset it while returning to start map... ;)

Also, like there is an Adrenaline item in the first map, if it was saved, there could be an exploit when players restart the map over and over for increasing their max health.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:56 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: HP not saving?
Thanks for your answer. It makes sense :]

Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:35 pm