It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC

I finished Challenge mode, Anyone wanna team up? =) 
Admin

Post Re: I finished Challenge mode, Anyone wanna team up? =)
xRDVx wrote:
when Weapons Stay flag is enable, ... you CAN'T drop your weapons.
But, pat, you could disable it.

I haven't see this part of the source code since a long time, but if I remember well, it's not only a "weapon stay flag", but an "item stay flag". It works also for keys and other important items. It is why it's enabled in co-op mode (but I'm not sure). Only medikit and ammo are not concerned.

EDIT: I've just looked at the source code. The DF_WEAPONS_STAY flag is only for weapons. But there is another flag called IT_STAY_COOP that force items to stay in co-op. This last flag is applied item by item. I can let it for keys, and remove it for weapons.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo and quartet

Pat AfterMoon wrote:
Keeshu wrote:
Also, is it cheating to use any of these commands?
drop shells
drop bullets
drop grenades
drop rockets ...etc.

It's not cheating, and for coop it is recommended. But I'm not sure if all these commands work, I remember about players requesting some. If I remember well, in coop, the flag "weapon stay" allow you only to drop ammo, not weapons.

I'm glad it's not considered cheating, because that would be silly if it was considered cheating in my opinion.

All the commands before the key item command work, I've used them to give stuff to my "KeeshuGuest" account (made originally for bringing people into coop or die, usually because don't feel like signing up. However I use it to test things.). The Key item command works only in certain maps. (maps that don't require the key item, hence you have to go to start map, go to an old map, for this to work usually which is why KeeshuGuest has all the Key Items for regular mode.) The key item is mostly useless because when you finish any of the 10 missions, it removes ALL key items.

Normally you can't drop weapons, but the exception is grenade launcher and hyper blaster. These 2 weapons are dropped from Insane marines in the Jail map, (and in coop or die mod, a tank a the beginning in the first map of mission 4, drops grenade launcher)
When you walk over a weapon spawn, it will only give you 1 max, but when a grenade launcher or hyper blaster is dropped, it ignores the max amount that you can hold, so you have have 2, instead of 1. If you want, you can redo the maps to get extras. [color=#FF0000]You can only drop weapons if you have an extra weapon.
I spammed mission 4 a couple times out of boredom so I could give grenade launchers to a friend in case he dies. However, no one really uses grenades that much. I never use hyper blaster because it drains your power shield, which is also easily obtainable at the beginning of the 4th mission. (but will cause a couple Flyers to attack, and make you step in the lava for a half second, unless you teleport to start map).
In Challenge mode, doing this is a waste of time, since you can get the grenade launcher and hyper blaster at the beginning of mission 4.

The weapon stay function is a little annoying cause you cant stock up on extra weapons to give to your ally. However, It's either that, or have to return to start map to make the weapon come back all over again.

If you want, I can post a quick video on youtube, showing how it works, if for some reason you don't understand what I'm saying. =p

The grenade launcher I expected to happen when I played, when I went to the jail map. I always remembered that marine when playing before I found out about mods.
Yesterday I tested the hyper blaster, (because I usually dont go into the room where the marine in a cage gets dumped into the lava, I usually just go backwards so I don't have to fight more monsters to waste my ammo and take my armor) and apparently you can get extra hyper blasters as well. (even though I'll never give it to someone because I don't want them killing themselves because of having no power shield)

Yet another long post. Sorry for the long read =p

Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:48 am

very well , nice job i so happy for you..

Fri May 22, 2009 5:21 pm