It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC

I finished Challenge mode, Anyone wanna team up? =) 
Champion in solo and duo and quartet

Post I finished Challenge mode, Anyone wanna team up? =)
I finished Coop or die's Challenge mode.
Video link of the last 2 maps. It doesn't seem like there's any difference from the regular campaign on hard mode though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2xxvju4 ... annel_page

Was hoping I could finish Challenge mode with some other players. I'm hoping to beat the game with 4 players. I'll settle for 2 or 3 players though. I don't mind doing Regular mode first before doing challenge mode.

Feel free to leave a post telling me you want to try. =)

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:38 pm
Champion in quartet

Post Re: I finished Challenge mode, Anyone wanna team up? =)
Nice way to kill Makron...
Congrats! You have just finished Quake 2 without dieing any time... Nice one!

Just you to know: With someone else is more hard... you have to watch for your teammate.

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:16 pm

Thanks. Also, I really didn't expect Makron to die that fast when I used quad damage and the chaingun. After I did that, I killed Makron with a blaster (not using coop or die, just normal quake 2 so I don't lose my progress on coopordie). Both forms combined it took almost 20 minutes to kill him. :lol:

I noticed that when I was playing with my friends. I try to kill monsters before my friends do, because I know where everything is, and can sneak up on monsters. It's kinda ironic that it's harder to co-operate with someone, considering the mod's name is Coop or die. :lol:
In my opinion there should be more ammo, and maybe health and armor. Then have more monsters spawn behind the team so someone has to watch the team's back at all times. :)

The maps were made for one player. There's usually only a side of a corner, or a box to hide behind. Open areas in this game aren't very big either.
Games that support 2-4 players doing co-op to kill Monsters usually are in open area, and have lots of obstacles for players to hide behind, but not have not have to be next to each other.
I plan on making some co-op maps, I just hope I finish at least one map.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:25 pm
Champion in quartet

That's true!

I can't disagree with you!

Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:52 pm
Admin

Congratulation for your challenge mode victory Keeshu!

And you do that on your notebook with a touch pad? I'm impressed ;)

The video on YouTube is a very good idea, it's cool to share the final battle.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:38 pm
Profile WWW

It took me a while to use a touchpad almost as good as a regular mouse.
Only problem though, is that sometimes my touchpad looks in random directions, as I noted in the video I posted fighting makron.

I will probably record some videos with other players if I get the chance.
Just hopefully it won't be a video where I kill most of monsters and not see the teammate next to me; or me following a player, why he/she kills everything. It's very very hard to kill things equally in quake 2 as most areas are in buildings, or narrow pathways, so only one person can hide and attack. Basicly, mainly one person gets all the kills, and the other kills any weaklings left behind, or actually find one of the big rooms with boxes or something.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:37 am
Admin

Keeshu wrote:
I will probably record some videos with other players if I get the chance.

Don't forget to display the COOP or DIE HUD.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:23 am
Profile WWW

Oops, forgot about that when I recorded the video. ^^"
I usually have it down, because it takes up part of the screen, making it so I can see enemies in a certain area. When I play with other people, I have it up a lot more often so I can find where they are, and if they need health. I'll try to get in the habit of just leaving it up.

Also, is it cheating to use any of these commands?
drop shells
drop bullets
drop grenades
drop rockets
drop cells
drop slugs
drop power shield
drop invulnerability
drop rebreather
drop environment suit
drop silencer
drop quad damage
drop (key item)
(there's no reason to drop blue keys, red keys, commander's head, and every other key item, because the team in challenge mode has to come with you anyways, and they will be near you. In certain maps it will not let you drop them anyways. All key items are removed when you finish a mission as well.)
drop grenade launcher (grenade launchers too, because of an insane marine in mission 3, and a tank at the beggining of the first map in mission 4.)
drop hyper blaster (In the jail map, there's an insane marine in a cage that you burn in lava, then a hyper blaster is there when the cage comes back up. However I find hyper blaster to be an armor drainer, and doesn't do enough damage fast enough for how much armor it takes away)

These commands take the item away from you, and places it on the ground for someone else to pick it up. I'm pretty sure you know about the command. I use that command pretty often since no one follows me (they blindly run into the enemies, having no stealth at all), and prefer to run out of ammo instead of running back through the levels to pick up ammo, or a special item.
You can also drop extra power shields.
I particularly don't consider it cheating because you are losing your ammo so you can give it to someone else in the "party". If it is cheating, then I'm going to have to waste a lot more time yelling at my teammates to come to me for ammo instead of just giving it to them.

Sorry for making a long post, just was curious. ^^'

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:44 pm
Admin

Keeshu wrote:
Also, is it cheating to use any of these commands?
[color=#FF0000]drop shells
drop bullets
drop grenades
drop rockets ...etc.

It's not cheating, and for coop it is recommended. But I'm not sure if all these commands work, I remember about players requesting some. If I remember well, in coop, the flag "weapon stay" allow you only to drop ammo, not weapons.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Champion in quartet

OK, it's confirmed, when Weapons Stay flag is enable, you can't drop, repeat, you CAN'T drop your weapons, Out.

I have tested it right now...
But, pat, you could disable it.

However, Remember some of the ammos have an s at the end... like Slugs, and not slug.

--- Congrats. ---

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 pm