It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC

Makron is my wench! :-P 
Post Makron is my wench! :-P
Well I passed Makron, and I didn't even have to use quad or invincibility. Anywho I have a few thoughts on the mod:

Hardcore mode is a little too easy for my tastes, sure you lose your progress and items if you die, but aside from that it wasn't really hard. I never even got close to running out of ammo throughout the game and only came close to dying like once through the game, and that was just because I was being a little too reckless.

Maybe you could add another mode called 'Elite' or something and make it have even more and bigger monsters as well as less ammo and health (not too much less if there are really a LOT of new monsters). It would make you have to use all your weapons throughtout the game: like the supershottie which I basically never used once the more powerfull weapons.

Otherwise this is a really cool game, it's really great to see some new life being brought into Quake II's SP experience.

Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:07 pm

About the quantity of ammo and health you are totally right, I plan to remove a part of them depending the number of players in the game.
The actual quantity will be for 4 players, and I want to let only 75% for 3, 50% for 2, and 25% for 1 player.

Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:28 pm
Sweet, more monsters would be more challenging than just having less ammo though.

Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Sweet, more monsters would be more challenging than just having less ammo though.

The less ammo and health modification was done in 30 minutes, adding monster require a little more time.
I'm also testing a surprise, it's not monsters, but you will walk carefully and open your hear when I will release it ... hum hum :D

Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:38 pm
Post Yep
I´m currently working on q2dm4 as surprise map for the Mine unit.
btw, I managed to beat Makron with a blaster about a year ago (not daring to use coop or die, of course).

Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:01 pm
ive been talking about a elite mode (i called it nightmare) for a week or two mabye... HUFFF

Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:01 am
Sounds good Pat (well as far as I can tell :P ), but make sure more monsters make it in sometime too :D.

Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:30 am