It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC

What engine do you guys use with Coop or Die? 
Post What engine do you guys use with Coop or Die?
My personal favorite so far is Quake2Max, but it seems to lock up my computer way too much for any progress to be made. Guess it's back to normal Q2 for now :( .

What do you guys use?

Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:03 am

Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:30 am
I've tried Quake 2 Evolved, Quake 2 Ice and normal Quake 2 client but normal client gives me the fastest loading times and highest fps so I will keep on using that.

Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:48 am

Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:00 am
Post Quality vs Performance
I use Normal quake engine. Haven´t figured out how to use planar those shadows yet in beefquake, and all other engines just slow me down to death in Coop or Die... :?

Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:49 am
I'm using beefquake. It is fast and has stencil buffer shadowing and other cool stuff :D

Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:42 pm
When I will have enought time, I will extract a precise info in the WorldServer log.
But currently there is approximatively 50% players using normal Quake2, 40% using Quake2Max and 10% using others engine like Beefquake, Quake2evolved or unknow engines.

Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:43 pm
That'd be cool, but not really necessary.

I've tried Q2: Evolved but besides the new menu it doesn't really have much going for it at the moment. I haven't tried Beefquake yet because of it only being on Fileplanet, but the screens don't make me want to get it either.

Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:32 pm
i use q2max cause it doenst slow my comp that much.. only like in certaint areas with too many shaders(scripts) at once all them metalic env maps. and if i get to slow i can just turn the scripts off and still have the particles.. i love them particles.. dont really like beefquakes particles tho... i wouldnt suggest q2max as the defualt engine for coop or die as it is too slow for most users. Mabye a highly optmized ver. i wont touch q2e with a infinity foot long pole EVER every one i know who is in to engine mods hates it... plus there bout with the illegal code..

Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:24 pm
I just wish I can find out why it keeps on locking up, otherwise it'd be perfect for me.

Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:46 pm