It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC

HELP Quake 2 berserker 

Post HELP Quake 2 berserker
Sorry for the bad English.
I need help, about quake 2 berserker . Is there a way to play it? and connect to the server? I tried to connect, but I had no results.
Thank you. :mrgreen:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:27 am
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: HELP Quake 2 berserker
What is that Quake 2 berserker?
I just know that berserker is a melee monster in Quake2 (robot).
And about servers, first - what do you use for your connection (i mean dsl, modem, dialup or else)?
I`ve got a dial-up mobile internet (i can`t call anyone anyway, it`s just a flash thing that makes a connection) and i can`t join some servers too.
I think it`s a some kind of a port thing, but we should better ask about that to ANDREI or my friend scorch.
Also maybe hamachi can help you. It`s a program that makes the connection between, for example, me and you stronger or something like that.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:50 pm

He's actually saying that he cannot connect to Coopordie's server.
Also, with "Berserker", he means the Q2 Engine called Berserker (like EGL, Quake2 XP etc).

Back to the topic: make a shortcut to the Berserker's executable, right click on it --> Properties, and write at the end of the field called Target this thing: " +set net_compatibility 1" and it should do the deal :mrgreen: .

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:58 pm
Profile YIM

ANDREI wrote:
He's actually saying that he cannot connect to Coopordie's server.
Also, with "Berserker", he means the Q2 Engine called Berserker (like EGL, Quake2 XP etc).

Back to the topic: make a shortcut to the Berserker's executable, right click on it --> Properties, and write at the end of the field called Target this thing: " +set net_compatibility 1" and it should do the deal :mrgreen: .

No unfortunately it worked. I get a message: "Line has un matched Quate, discarded"
I also tried to rename the file "Berserker.exe" in "quake2.exe", and after that I started "coopordie_edit_me_before_first_run.exe".
The game started and I walked into a room where I asked for name and password, but when I insert the data access, nothing happens.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Well, then might help you, but you'd have to use this program: http://www.teamviewer.com so that I may get into your computer and try configuring it so that it may work. (it would be preferably to leave something with which I may contact you)

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:32 pm
Profile YIM

ANDREI wrote:
Well, then might help you, but you'd have to use this program: http://www.teamviewer.com so that I may get into your computer and try configuring it so that it may work. (it would be preferably to leave something with which I may contact you)

I'm sorry, but I do not know how to help, because they do not speak English. I am using the Google translator. If you had to talk to me, at the time, I would have difficulty to help you.
Never mind, I will use quake2 base.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:13 pm