It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC

Premonition of Angron 
Champion in solo and quartet

Post Premonition of Angron
I want to ask you guys if someone besides me beat this campaign?
PS:My honest about this campaign:It's great,but hard as well.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:11 pm
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: Premonition of Angron
I have always been too lazy to download KMQuake2 and try it out. I should do it pretty soon though, since I'm curious how difficult it can be.

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:53 pm
Profile YIM

I`ve done it once some weeks ago. Basically, as soon as I upgraded my quake2 to 3.24 version. As a result - no more overflow crashes, so I was able to proceed and win.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:07 pm

If I remember correctly I made it to map 3 or even map 4 of this series. But I was cut in half by a laser coming out of nowhere after I entered a room. Was really disappointed by such a lame "trap" considering how time consuming it was to get that far.

Hopefully more and more people realize that this series is actually playable if you have the correct Q2 client (with the sound overflow error fix). Looking forward to playing this series with some other players some day.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:46 pm

When I killed Makron,I was trying to complete the mission.When suddenly,a medic come out of nowhere and revive Makron.I was so angry of it.I fight him with a blaster and almost got killed.Then I proceed to complete the campaign.
I still hate the lasers in this campaign. :x

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Lasers for me seemed kinda ok, they at least were not instant killers (or maybe I just somehow managed to get past the instant killing ones). And in my run, medics did not revive makron.
And the only place, where I died, was at a trap, where I wanted to grab some ammo bonus, but from sides, there were spikes coming out and slice n diced there.
Meanwhile, it`s nice to see DeeKae here again :)

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:08 pm

I guess I have just died in the same place as you did, Metal.

However, now I can see why it used to overflow: there are tons of stroggs and details put into the maps. I pretty much like it, but I have still not finished it (yet).

The map isn't extremely difficult though, but you must know the secrets (which is actually what makes Quake 2 maps a lot easier), since they either give a body armor or an adrenaline the most of the time (or even both); the lasers are also something you must always watch out for (I actually lost nearly 50 health and 120 body armor at the "outside" place, where there were both lasers and blaster shots).
The "corner weapons" (grenades, grenade launcher, rocket launcher -if you spot the secret hehe-) can be pretty useful too, since the mapper seems to like making many connected rooms, full of stroggs placed next to the entrance.

I honestly didn't expect to like this map so much, since I have already played (with Mik1 by forcing him to maybe) many maps, but they weren't as good.

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:50 pm
Profile YIM

metalgamer1997 wrote:
Lasers for me seemed kinda ok, they at least were not instant killers (or maybe I just somehow managed to get past the instant killing ones). And in my run, medics did not revive makron.
And the only place, where I died, was at a trap, where I wanted to grab some ammo bonus, but from sides, there were spikes coming out and slice n diced there.
Meanwhile, it`s nice to see DeeKae here again :)

But in my game the medic revive makron.I saw it infront of me.I don't know if it's a glitch or something.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:25 pm
Champion in solo and duo

I haven't beaten it yet. It's a really fun and well-designed map, it looks gorgeous and enemy placements are challenging and well-done. The only problem is that the map is kind of ruined by the author's poor use of lasers.

Basically, in the standard Quake 2 game, red lasers always = instant death (1000+ damage per tick), with blue lasers being the weaker, you can run through and only take 20 damage or so per hit. The problem is that he uses red lasers everywhere, and it's impossible to tell which are instant death and which are just high damage but survivable aside from testing, so it's easy to see a non-fatal beam and panic, or see a few items behind a beam that's flickering and think it won't be bad if it hits you (it's a fatal one).

There's also no invulnerability as far as I can tell, so you can't use one to bypass any of the instant death lasers (the one before the Makron is the nastiest one you have to jump through). There is at least one very secret passage you can use to skip a large chunk of the game and enter the last level much earlier than you normally can (and avoid having to risk death to a laser trap), but yeah, it's got way too much of a fetish for unavoidable death lasers.

It's like it expects you to play in single player and save before every laser trap, since the traps are much more unforgiving and unavoidable than any traps in the standard game (the normal game's traps are easily bypassed or avoided when you know about them, and the only couple of dangerous ones at the end of the factory and before the final boss map you can save invulnerabilities for).

Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:26 am

As far as Ican remember, I have somehow managed to WALK past these creepy lasers (guess it was my luck), plus in 1 of the secrets I've found a power shield...

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:47 pm