It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC

CoopOrDie Modification 

Post CoopOrDie Modification
Hello everyone,
while playing CoopOrDie i noticed that I would like to know my statistics, whats my overall accuracy and acc for every single weapon. So I checked out CoopOrDie code from repo and started to implement these features. On the way I thought it would be great if you could receive rewareds for some things. So I started to implement them too.
As for now I just finished implementing accuracy portion of the project and also two working rewards, IMPRESSIVE (two consecutive accurate Railgun shots without missing) and EXCELENT (two enemy kills in two seconds).
Its all untested so is there anyone who would like to test it.
And second question even more important, how to test it online ?.

Cheers.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:10 am
Admin

Post Re: CoopOrDie Modification
The "dll" is checked when you connect to the worldserver, if you want to use an unofficial modification of coopordie, you must have a betatester account.

You have to create a second game/forum account. The name must ends with the word "test", preferably "SilentYukiTest". Send me a private message and I'll add you to the "Quake2 betatesters" group.

You can see other betatesters here :
memberlist.php?search_group_id=8&mode=searchuser

Note: only the player who host the game needs to have a betatester account, so you can invite anybody to join your game, except if your mod needs additional content (images, models, ...)

Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Hey, I'm pretty interested in testing/helping with the mod. I'm online on Skype/Steam most of the time, in case you wish to use one of those in order to chat more.

Adding accuracy stats and few 'rewards' sounds pretty cool. It'd be nice to have the 'Combo kill' aswell (or an "Airborne" one, since rocketjumping in Quake 2 is slightly worse & less rewarding than in Quake 3).

Also, just for gameplay reasons, I believe it'd be better to make the other two harder to obtain, since they're fairly facile.

Instead of only counting if 2 enemies are killed, their amount of health should be taken into the account aswell. (ie: you can really easily kill 2 soldiers (40 hp) at once and obtain the reward)

On the other hand, the Impressive reward could be killing plenty of enemies in 1 shot, as landing 2 hits on AIs isn't very difficult either.

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:00 pm
Profile YIM

Well I noticed that they are pretty easy to get at the beginning of the game, so I should think about making them harder.

Allthough I can't make excelent depending on enemy because it would not be consistent reward. Poeple would wonder why killing 4 light guards gave them excelent and a second later killing 2 enforcers also give them this award.

Those other reward you mentioned sounds good, ill try to get them working.

As for impressive, I can increse amount of accurate shots to perform to earn this award to make it harder.

Cheers.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:25 pm

So my mod is ready for testing now, all I need is a tester account activated.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:59 pm
Admin

SilentYuki wrote:
all I need is a tester account activated.

Done 8-)

Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:58 pm
Profile WWW

Youu're awsome!. Thanks :D

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Tested my mod online yesterday and I wokrked! (thanks again Pat AfterMoon)
Unfortunately this mod requires now additional pictures for rewards, so Im not sure how can I test it with others. I can send the dll and pictures so other can test it in single player, but Im not sure how to go about online coop.

Now I'll have to implement a new feature. To be able to send statistics and rewards to server where they will be stored for given game.

A new challange awaits!

Cheers.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:46 am
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

This sounds pretty interesting and it could add some extra fun into the game, im curious to try this now.

SilentYuki wrote:
Allthough I can't make excelent depending on enemy because it would not be consistent reward. Poeple would wonder why killing 4 light guards gave them excelent and a second later killing 2 enforcers also give them this award.

So far you have got the ones from quake 3 to work? Maybe if you had something more like "killing spree" aka around 5 enemies in short time it would not pop up as much in beginning.
Are these actually personal challenges or would it be possible everyone could trigger the kills if you play coop?

The ones in Quake 3/live are meant in deathmatch, while killing predictable enemies is much easier (exept late game high hp enemies) in quake2. what if there was something more singleplayer/coop oriented?
I have barely any knowledge of coding but i know it might be tricky to get certain things to work.

I had an idea from a mechanic barely known in quake2, when you attack an unalerted enemy he recieves 2x damage if i remember correctly? What if there was a "Sneak kill" if you for example 1shot unsuspecting enemy (usually with a railgun), it happens rarely so it would be a challenge.

Other than that.... Id love to see close range (super)shotgun kill, ive called the technique of crounching infront of an enemy and blasting them away "Shotgun Kiss" in my head. technically it would mean shooting an enemy with a shotgun and every shot hits? Although the bosses have a giant hitbox so its pretty easy to land all the pellets on those.

If you can send it id like to test it, sounds fun so far.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi, right now I have 3 awards implemented, those awards are your presonal awards, so everyone gets their own in coop game.
Quote:
I had an idea from a mechanic barely known in quake2, when you attack an unalerted enemy he recieves 2x damage if i remember correctly?

Yes I already found that piece of code and implemented "Sneaky Bastard" award for killing 2 unsuspecing enemies.

I also plan 2 new awards "Pacyfist" play through level without killing anyone, and "Untouchable" no damage through level.

I can think about those other awards, some may take some time because Im not so familiar with Q2 code yet, nor with C programming (used to program in C ages ago, now only C#).

If someone will test it a little info, to get to statistics, you need to use acc command, the best way is to bind it to a key

e.g. bind k acc

If someone wants test version of this please PM me with your email, ill send it then :)

Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:34 am