It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC

Help playing and getting started 

Post Help playing and getting started
Howdy Quakers.

I'm new to this mod. Actually, I just got it today, as it sounded like a great idea. I Love working together in teams with friends and family, to hunt down the baddies. Sharing ammo/weapons/items... etc.

Now, I do have some questions. I successfully log in and can play. But, no one actually comes online? Can anyone worldwide join me, or how does this really work?

Also, there are some switches at the beginning, before choosing level to play on... like some form of new enemies (?), extra ammo, or health? How does this work?

Grateful for all assistance! Have a good day/evening, wherever you are.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:28 pm
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: Help playing and getting started
yo welcome, its pretty quiet here nowdays. theoretically anyone can join you while you are logged in but you propably have to get someone to play with.
we got a discord now (also pretty quiet) could be worth sending a message over there.

https://discord.gg/uNfFV49

everyone i used to play with moved onto other things (including me), but i still randomly check in on the forums.

anyways its great to see theres still interest in coop or die in late 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:28 pm

Indeed, pretty quiet here as i check the forums like once a week nowadays? Being busy irl is all these days. Doesn't mean I don't reply to posts though!

I would be down for a run at Quake 2 again (Clearly not speedrun anymore lmao), I haven't played Quake 2 in years (I did actually end up playing the first and third quake about a month ago)

Never knew we had a discord though o.O

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:35 am

metalgamer1997 wrote:
Indeed, pretty quiet here as i check the forums like once a week nowadays? Being busy irl is all these days. Doesn't mean I don't reply to posts though!

I would be down for a run at Quake 2 again (Clearly not speedrun anymore lmao), I haven't played Quake 2 in years (I did actually end up playing the first and third quake about a month ago)

Never knew we had a discord though o.O

yo metal, good to see youre around. been a while. yeah get in the discord maybe we can organize a game over there (i always got discord open when im online).

funny thing is me and andrei just played some quake2 mods a few days back, that was the sole reason why i checked back on the cood forums.

ive time to play, but ive played tru the campain so many times by now it gets a bit stale but im always up for helping anyone whos going for challenge mode stars.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:46 am

it's amazing to see some activity in here and welcome to coopordie, although very few people play nowadays

we did create the discord group a while ago: it should be posted somewhere on the forums. doing a new campaign run in challenge mode would be super fun, perhaps we can get neondragon those 4 stars (btw it's funny how all of us responding here got all stars aka "golden players" as i would've said a long while ago - like a decade ago)

also @metal i thought you lived in latvia? have you moved in the uk to study? i see you've changed your country here, on the forums

ps: i'm gonna try breaking your speedrun time - i think, after all these years, you're still leading. this will be fun

edit: this old debt must finally be paid viewtopic.php?f=1&t=908

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:23 pm
Profile YIM

mik1 wrote:
yo welcome, its pretty quiet here nowdays. theoretically anyone can join you while you are logged in but you propably have to get someone to play with.
we got a discord now (also pretty quiet) could be worth sending a message over there.

https://discord.gg/uNfFV49

everyone i used to play with moved onto other things (including me), but i still randomly check in on the forums.

anyways its great to see theres still interest in coop or die in late 2019

Yo matey,

Ohh, I see. Well, that does explain quite a bit then, LOL. Thanks for the discord link! I might hook up on it at some point. I'm actually rarely there. :D But it would be fun to play with you guys for sure!

I just found out about this mod to be honest. Never even knew about its existence, until recently. Wanted to give something nice coop-ish for my littlebrother, and... well... here I am. LOL

Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:59 pm

if you got steam you should add us there aswell (check my signature below here for my profile's link)

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:05 pm
Profile YIM

ANDREI wrote:
also @metal i thought you lived in latvia? have you moved in the uk to study? i see you've changed your country here, on the forums

Yeah I moved to UK, been there since September 2018. Happy with the move but struggling with jobs atm xD

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:49 pm

Cool. It's hilarious how we answer each other at 2 months difference on the forums.

It seems I don't have you on Steam anymore :p

Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:10 am
Profile YIM