Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:47 am It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC

[ 3 posts ] 
 Problems with Hamachi & Game crashing 

Post Problems with Hamachi & Game crashing
Hello everyone and happy new year!

I and my 2 friends are using Hamachi to play Q2 Co-Op. Friend #1 is the host and he has WinXP. Friend #2 has Vista. I have WinXP myself. We all live in the same country and distances between us are 200 kilometers at max.

Firstly, we have problems with connections. When I connect to my friend's Hamachi server, my connection is "limited". I am the only one who has limited connection. I have forwarded port 29710 for Quake 2 and port 12910 for Hamachi (I also set Hamachi to use the port and tried also without forwarding). I have router: Zyxel HW-D1. What should I do to make my connection "not-limited"?

Secondly, when I finally manage to connect to my friends server (ping is over 200 so it is quite pain to play) the game crashes awfully often but ONLY WHEN WE DIE. For some reason, it does not always return to the starting room but the server simply crashes and we have to start all over again. Is this somekind of bug in the mod or can this be fixed?

TIP FOR ALL: First I thought I simply cannot connect to my friends server until I realized that I need to press and exit "Address book" in the "Join Server" tab until my own game dissappears from the list. After that I can enter my friend's IP and connect to the server. Otherwise I will not see the friend's server in the list at all - even if I press update several times.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:17 am Profile
Champion in quartet

Post Re: Problems with Hamachi & Game crashing
Curious... I think you're the first of Us (comunity) that has that problem...

I have a router, that has firewall and that stuff.. and, when I use hamachi i do not need to forward nothing, because Hamachi solves that problem...

That's one thing... About that you get limited conection when you connect to your friend's network maybe is caused for this: Windows have an option to allow other PC to connect to internet by your network...

I think you understand that.. So, maybe your friend (or maybe you) have this option enabled and is causing the problem..

I experienced a problem like that when i connect Via VPN and, when i'm connected using VPN, i get no internet... Why? I don't know.

You can find out this option (on XP) in Network conections ("Conexiones de red"), your connection to Internet (i don't know what it is), right click, properties. Look on the tabs (now i can't look for that but i know that it is there)

About the crash... do you tried with Normal engine instead of Custom Engines..???

I hope this is helpfull....

P.D: Welcome to the Coop or Die comunity...!!!

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:58 am Profile
Champion in solo and duo

Post Re: Problems with Hamachi & Game crashing
I'm not much of an expert in the field, but wouldn't the easiest thing to do be finding someone who does not sit behind a router and connecting to that server? I understand that you already succeeded in setting up a server for your games, as I've seen you play quite frequently (from the chat log). So, you just want a more convenient and lag-free way of doing that, right?

In reference to xRDVx, I'm not sure that EGL engine could be causing the problem of game crashing upon reconnecting. I myself am not a fan of it, but for different reasons. :]

Anyways, all I can suggest is running the game with R1Q2 once and seeing what happens. If an unprecedented crash makes its appearance, its causes are likely to be recorded in a detailed error log that the engine produces. Maybe that helps?

Just keep in mind that whenever I'm online, feel free to bug me for a 3-man or 4-man challenge game! There's always a spot for xRDVx, too. :]

Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:05 pm Profile
 [ 3 posts ]