It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC

Supply Station Entrance bug 
Champion in solo and duo

Post Supply Station Entrance bug
After collecting power cubes at Supply Station i was on my way to Warehouse but some Invisible monsters atacked me (just before the bridge). This heppens to me the second time, first time i just got killed (in console it said "KEMPER died", but in chat it sayed i was killed by machinegun soldier).
Second time i walked away and after a while invisible monsters (2 parasites, 3 machinegun soldiers) became vivisble. They are also becoming visible if you try shooting and runing around.
This heppened to me in Regular Mod. Thank you.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:31 pm
Champion in solo and duo

Post Re: Supply Station Entrance bug
Another bug that i met right after invisible monsters: a strange floating medkits were randomly apearing and disapearing in air. I wasn't able to use them in any way. Some of them soon disapeared, and some of them just turned into soldier corpses that you can gib. Thank you.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:45 pm
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

hm, i know this bug, it happens only when you go to a map, then come back to previous map and monsters appear, but only if the map has new monsters (xmlrules monsters) and they are still alive

PAT! you must solve this bug! this is the dead body bug.. and small healths...

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:58 pm
Profile YIM
Champion in solo and duo

i can make a video of this bug if its needed

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:57 pm
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

no, it's not

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:42 pm
Profile YIM
Admin

I'm sorry but the maximum number of "alive entities" is an engine limitation, I won't correct anything on this side.

The only eventual thing I can do is to enhance the dead body feature and preventing the display of too much corpse in a same place. But even a modification like that won't totally prevent the bug. It can be increased by a lots of other factors, like exploding corpse in many pieces, or using the machine gun that create a lot of impacts (entities).

@KEMPER: I will remove the dead bodies in the bugged map, could you confirm if it's the "Supply Station" or the "Warehouse"?

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Champion in quartet

Got an idea *rises hand*

We have an entity number limitation, right?

Well.. if you can catch that, and the entities (lets say.. uh.. some hidden monsters) that are.. uh.. far away (pick something) are stored on a temp file(?) with position, orientation, and health (and of course, any other special stuff and class).

That way.. lets say.. if there is a monster 3000 metters away, and I've an excess of entities, the monster that's 3000 metters away dissapears (stored on .tmp?) so we don't have such a problem.. but that would mean modifications to the .dll itself... that or just have a count check of entities and if there are too many (we have 10 runs per sec) entities, and there are going to be even more, DLL tells worldserver that we go outnumbered, and worldserver would probably delete(temporarily) dead bodies.

I'm not thinking on any other possible fix though, wich didn't involve Engine modification, of course. Guess maybe just decreasing the dead bodies would help? Yet not definitly.

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:24 pm
Champion in solo and duo

Invisible monsters bug was in the Warehouse, in that room that has entrence to the Supply Station, and a smaller room locked by lasers with a monster inside. And the floating medkits, that sometimes turns into monster soldier corpses were randomly appearing during all the Warehouse, after i collected power cubes and killed invisible monsters. I have some screenshots of this (JPEG).

Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:38 am
Admin

Thank you for this precision KEMPER. I've just made a modification on the worldserver, could you retry this map and tell me if the problem occurs again?

Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo

Spent time playing Warehouse and Supply Station, but invisible monsters still apear :( :( :(. What about floating things i dont know they didn't appear.

Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:15 pm