It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC

A patch for Pat 
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post A patch for Pat
Pat, I made a patch for you :mrgreen: that does the following thing: the HUD stays (almost :roll:) always on the screen.

More exactly, when someone opens the inventory or the console it doesn't go away anymore. Still, when the help tab is opened the hud goes away. Luckily enough for us, it appears back when the help tab is closed :D. It can still be closed though; I was thinking of removing the command that was putting the HUD away, but I (Mik1) realised that it wouldn't be perfect in the case someone is using a custom skin, because the person's chat would be flooded with "CANNOT FIND PIC picname IN COOPORDIE/PICS/picname.pic" or something like that. For this reason, I decided to keep the command in the game.

Here's the link to the files: http://www.2shared.com/file/v-YlvoXK/ForPat.html.
The archive contains both the gamex86.dll and the files edited from the source code so that you may recompile the dll if it's the case :D .

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:42 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: A patch for Pat
Like andy mentioned, when someone has a custom skin, it spams the chat log.
i was wondering if theres a way that it woulndt print? or maybe use the default one like how the model is grunt if you dont have what they are using.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:36 pm

Well... that was the next thing i was thinking to "patch" :lol:. But nothing sure yet, that's why I didn't say anything about it :P.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:43 pm
Profile YIM
Admin

Like mik1 says, my main reason to not force the display of the HUD is the custom skin problem. As far as I know, the problem is related to how it is handled in the engine, so there is not a lot of things I can do.
I could add your patch to the code source (SVN), but I won't create a new release only for that.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:31 am
Profile WWW

Umm... Then I guess I shall work a lot more on "bugfixes"/details and then I'll give you the new patch :P.

In any case.. as I saw (together with Mik1), there was a message that appeared and spammed the chat when the skin was not found. I could remove it, or if I can, I will add a timer.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:37 am
Profile YIM
Champion in solo and duo

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread but does this problem have a solution? Meaning the can't find pic players\picture.pcx spam.

I recently downloaded Coopordie once again and also got the newest Q2XP. Everything is great but the only problem is that the chat/console get flooded with the error message. I manually created a couple of pics the game complained about but the only error i can't erase is the weird \players\male\grunt_i.pcx_bump file. I tried to create files called "grunt_i.pcx_bump and grunt_i.pcx_bump.pcx but neither of them erased the message.

Is there a command to stop the message from being displayed? It goes away by opening the menu and closing it but it would be great to stop the message from displaying altogether.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:52 pm

Hey Muusi. It's nice to see you around again!

The most efficient way to stop the spam is by pressing X to hide the HUD.

If you'd like to keep the HUD open, tell the other player to change his skin :P .

Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:55 pm
Profile YIM
Champion in solo and duo

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, the same thing happens without other players. The game complains about the grunt_i pcx file and when i change my skin to Claymore, for example, it starts to complain about claymore_i pcx file.
These are the default skins and still the game complains about not finding the files, (bh0.pcx, bh100.pcx etc.) even though they are present in the Quake II\coopordie\pics folder. It specifically complains about not finding "bh0_bump.pcx". What are these _bump files? As i said, i manually copied the files and added the "_bump" to the file names, and it worked, the game wasn't complaining about them anymore, excluding the player skin file.

The warning reads "Can't find pic players\male\grunt_i.pcx_bump", and creating a file named "grunt_i.pcx_bump" in the correct folder doesn't fix anything :( Is it just Q2XP changing and slowly becoming more incompatible with CoopOrDie?

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:39 am