It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC

Unable to progress on Unit 2 
Champion in solo and duo

Post Re: Unable to progress on Unit 2
Unfortunately, I like to hoard the max health and max ammo boosts stuff like Adrenaline and Ammo Packs give you, and those aren't stored if you have to teleport out, so while it works, it's not always an ideal situation.

I've also had it happen when not using Andrei mode, so it seems to be an issue with CoopOrDie itself, not just the additional monsters (though the extra monsters may make the bug itself more likely to happen).

A more hilarious occurrence has come up outside of Andrei mode - during a standard challenge run with metal I had the spawn bug happen late in the game (jail unit, inner courts), except that it was player corpses and chunks of rocks/gore spawning inside me! Had it happen about three times, he had to shoot 'em off me so I could see. :P

Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:08 pm
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: Unable to progress on Unit 2
I made a "patch" that fixes up (really few) things in coopordie, but I failed to stock up the maximum ammo and health. Basically, in the source code, there are variables like client->max_ammo_cells and client->max_health which stock up your information. I could take a look again on the source code sometime and perhaps even fix it up.

The "dead body" glitch is the same as the ones when monsters spawn on you. So, instead of additional monsters, there's additional corpses. It's a bit strange though that the items don't spawn on your (or do they? I can't remember very well), since those are entities aswell.

As Pat said really long ago, there might be the problem that: when there are X entities stocked up per map (in example, 27/27 monsters) and you add up, let's say, 5 monsters (which is 32/27 monsters), those will somehow load up on the first visit of the map. However, when you revisit it, Quake 2 loses information about them, because the map only reloads those 27/27 monsters (whether they're dead or not). Now that I think of it again, perhaps it's because xmlrules, in fact, only add brutally monsters on each map insted of also increasing the amount of monster information from 27 to 32 (following the example), which means those 5 monsters will spawn anywhere basically (I suppouse Quake 2's developers made it as a protection measure: if there's no information about the monsters, they spawn on you; otherwise, the game would had crashed)

Pat, could you give us more detailed information on how the xmlrules work? (Specifically on the underlined part of my story, which is very probably wrong)

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:40 pm
Profile YIM