It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC

Unable to progress on Unit 2 

Post Unable to progress on Unit 2
Hey again,

So far I've reached the supply station on challenge mode with additional monsters enabled, and i am unable to progress after i collect all of the power cells and try to head back through the ammo depot due to the additional monsters constantly spawning inside me bug.

How am I supposed to progress through the campaign without this happening?

Thanks in advance.

- Combat Enforcer

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:06 am
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: Unable to progress on Unit 2
You can press "O" to go back to the startmap and then you can rejoin (reload) the last visited map. This way, the monsters won't spawn on you anymore :P but you must do it again when the bug takes place once again.

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:12 pm
Profile YIM

Ah, so login again. But wouldn't that get rid of all of my adrenaline pickups?

Thanks for the response, Andrei.

- Combat Enforcer

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Well... that's right.

To be honest, I don't know how the adrenaline/ammo packs are "stored" in the inventory. (I may try fixing that to improve my patch :roll: )

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:24 am
Profile YIM

Aha,

I think a patch like that is very much needed, adrenaline pickups and backpacks are part of the gameplay.

But I managed to get to Unit 3, thanks for the help anyway (just without the adrenaline :/).

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:30 am

I have passed through andrei monsters, and..
1. 2. and 3. mision will have the bug (yes, in mission 3 as well!!!), and that`s just horrible.
But you will have default monsters in 4. - 9. missions. When you`ll have the last showdown with Makron, you`ll see what you`ll see :) (dont shoot with bfg when fighting makron, otherwise you`ll get overflowed).

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:48 am

ANDREI wrote:
Well... that's right.

To be honest, I don't know how the adrenaline/ammo packs are "stored" in the inventory. (I may try fixing that to improve my patch :roll: )

It seems impossible to do :V. Only thing i can think of is having a ammo pack spawn over you, or make it a carryable item, and the game checks if you got it and gives you up to how much you can carry.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Actually... I was thinking of abusing ( :roll: ) of Pat's database (the Worldserver) and stock the max health the player has when he closes the game/returns to startmap. When the player would play the game again, he will get the max health stocked in the Worldserver.

This would be my theoretical plan to stock the number of adrenalines taken.

"Enough chatting, do it!" Oh well, I tried to find some place where the Worldserver saves the data of the player, but I failed. It's either the fact that I'm very bad at searching things (and I am) or that I was too lazy to spend more than 20 minutes on searching xD.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:19 pm
Profile YIM
Champion in solo and duo

I was trying out the extra monsters mod... it's a bit discouraging to have to restart all the time and lose not only adrenaline, but other items too. Twice now I've had the bug hit me, once entering Installation and the other exiting Lost Station. Leaving Lost Station was silliest, once I got in the new level I had an icarus, an iron maiden and a brains (I think) spawn on me one after the other as I crouched and tried to Super Shotgun them. My health didn't hold out, so I left the level manually, and when I went back into the level, my inventory said my Super Shotgun and my Invulnerability item I'd gotten were both missing! :|

I really wanted the Invulnerability as it's a handy last resort (and for avoiding laser beam deaths), sucks that the game didn't save the items I'd picked up for some reason. I'm not sure it's the result of the same bug, but I doubt I'd have used my Invulnerability AND dropped my S.Shotgun both by accident when hitting the O key to escape...

Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:32 am

(This is a really late response)

In the most of the cases, returning to the startmap should save your weapons. It's weird, though, that you've lost the items you gathered in lost station.

The most you can do is just going back to the startmap and taking the teleporter to the last level, which is what I personally do and that helps me a lot.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:33 pm
Profile YIM