Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:16 am It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC

[ 5 posts ] 
 Little request 
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Little request
Sometimes I find it being neccesary to leave a message in a chat log. But I can`t always do it so easily. Sometimes im in`game and i need to leave a message in coopordie chat log, but im in game and the internet bronswer is closed. When having such situations like this, everbody, , including me, minimizes quake 2, goes to coopordie.com and writes something in chat log. But for me it would take some minutes because.... my PC is weak.
So I`m wondering if there was a way to send a message straight to coopordie.com chat log awhen being ingame. Some kind of a command might do it, like say_log "your text here" on console. (though there arent any options like that yet).
What do you think about that?

Metal.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:00 pm Profile

Post Re: Little request
Well, I don't think there's such a 'command' at the moment.
"To-do" list updated, but I think this might cause a bit of trouble, as I haven't exactly planned how to 'fix' it yet :lol: .

By the way, it would be nice if I would gather up to ~5 'bugfixes' so that I may persuade Pat to add a 'community patch' (and by that I'm talking about my patch soonTM(c)#2013#2014#2015 )

Just if you're wondering: at the moment, I made it so that he console always (almost; if not, it reopens by a code-mistake (friendly bug)) open; I'm also planning on making an .exe that requests your name and password (this shouldn't be difficult) and this (client --> console speech) should be the 3rd thing, but I'm unsure about it :|. Let me know if you happen to find some other things that should be fixed/implemented (except that bug when the monsters teleport on you).

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:29 am Profile YIM

I`ve got another request -
In caht log ---->
Someone must add a sound, which would sound when someome typed a message in that log. This would be really helpful :twisted:

Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:41 pm Profile

I don't know if it's really required, but... This isn't something i can change. Theoretically, it [the request] goes to Pat - but he sadly enough doesn't do stuff anymore xD (that's why I'm trying to 'carry on the torch', but I need some motivation.

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 pm Profile YIM

ANDREI wrote:
I don't know if it's really required, but... This isn't something i can change.

I still havent looked into q2 coding or understand it, but thats because the message is controlled by the the worldserver? i thought it would be just applying the sound effect like the normal chat does.

Andyman555 wrote:
but he sadly enough doesn't do stuff anymore xD (that's why I'm trying to 'carry on the torch', but I need some motivation.

A "community update" would be awesome, i had some ideas that im mostly too lazy or cant make to be added (if it was allowed of course)

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:49 pm Profile
 [ 5 posts ]