It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC

Cannot join friends game 

Post Cannot join friends game
Hi guys, my friend and i wanna do a coop play of quake 2 however we are encountering difficulties, we are using the steam version of quake 2, we have installed the ultimate quake 2 patch for numerous reasons, 2 being that it wont run without it and it wont have music without it, we have also installed the extra dll required to run coop or die.

Now we can get to the starmap but we cannot see each other, however we can see when someone starts a level i can see the name come up on the top left (in this case reppy has started outerbase), and i can see my friends ip address in the address book, but in the server list, i can only see myself (the server seems to have my name) but i dont see his server. any ideas?

also is there ways to change difficulty? we want to do nightmare

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:51 pm
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: Cannot join friends game
Quote:

we have only Hard difficulty. But coopordie has more monsters itself in it`s campaign, so the campaign in coopordie would be at least more difficult, plus you can push ANDREI monsters button to have even more monsters, and even more (but a little bit unfair) action.
Also you can try those isson packs -> stench and angron (angrnon can never be finished because of the overflow). In this try these missions may look tough.

About joining another players game, I don`t know the solution, but mostly Hamachi program is the solution for msot of the users.
Wait for Andrei`s reply -> I think he knows more about joining another players game.
(Oh, and btw, Andrei has his mod, which makes quake2 campaign even mroe difficult :D)
(One more thing -> try the chalenge mode. Change to it by pressing on (profile) button when being on homepage. There you should see an option about cahgning from regural to chalenge mode. (chalenge mode means -> you must try to do the campaign without dying. If you do this.... welcome to the cahmpions!)

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:59 pm

metalgamer1997 wrote:
Quote:

we have only Hard difficulty. But coopordie has more monsters itself in it`s campaign, so the campaign in coopordie would be at least more difficult, plus you can push ANDREI monsters button to have even more monsters, and even more (but a little bit unfair) action.
Also you can try those isson packs -> stench and angron (angrnon can never be finished because of the overflow). In this try these missions may look tough.

About joining another players game, I don`t know the solution, but mostly Hamachi program is the solution for msot of the users.
Wait for Andrei`s reply -> I think he knows more about joining another players game.
(Oh, and btw, Andrei has his mod, which makes quake2 campaign even mroe difficult :D)
(One more thing -> try the chalenge mode. Change to it by pressing on (profile) button when being on homepage. There you should see an option about cahgning from regural to chalenge mode. (chalenge mode means -> you must try to do the campaign without dying. If you do this.... welcome to the cahmpions!)

those will be easy, i like nightmare mode, mainly cos they do more dmg, and they dont stumble when you get a hit on em, like those gunners with the grenades/machine guns, if you hit em with a rail gun, there still gonna keep shooting ya. Thanks i will wait for andreis reply, couldnt you just use skill 3 in console before entering a portal to change skill level? then it would change by itself because your technically changing map?

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Oh hello (and welcome).

Yes, it is possible to use "skill 3" to change the gamemode to 'nightmare' and then reload the startmap. (I guess there should be no problem in the case you're going for the stars)

Also.. did you try connecting by using the direct ip? (http://www.whatismyip.com)
Additionally, if you (the host) are (is) using a router, there might be even more trouble with connecting to each other (as it implies port forwarding).

As Metalgamer said, you can use Hamachi. It's kinda quick, efficient and reliable, but it might cause high pings at times (maybe 150-200; I haven't used it in a while).

Could tell me what version of Quake 2 you both are using? (Since it's the "ultimate patch", it should be 3.20 I suppouse)

Maybe we could discuss more about it if we get to speak "live" (either on the Coopordie's chatroom or on Skype/Steam/others)
//
Actually, the Stench is kinda difficult to defeat, as the mapper made a lot of traps which can be really annoying at times. (Just try beating it without dying at all :mrgreen: it'll be a huge pain)

MajorFoley wrote:
those will be easy

"Those" includes my mod (yess, the mod that I remade 4 or 5 times but I still didn't ever get to a 'stable' version). You will dearly regret :twisted: . (As now you've challenged me to make it even harder - yet balanced)

Edit1 (5s later): the monsters don't actually --directly-- deal more damage on the nightmare mode (although they indirectly do because you can't stun them); I've checked that in the source code :P.

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:49 pm
Profile YIM
Champion in solo and quartet

I know it.No one beats the angrnon mission,but i will be the first person who will beat this mission.
PS:When i play angrnon using quake 2 3.23 ,and the gunner launchs his grenades,it didn't crash.but still have the overflow sound problem.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:11 pm

ANDREI wrote:
Oh hello (and welcome).

Yes, it is possible to use "skill 3" to change the gamemode to 'nightmare' and then reload the startmap. (I guess there should be no problem in the case you're going for the stars)

Also.. did you try connecting by using the direct ip? (http://www.whatismyip.com)
Additionally, if you (the host) are (is) using a router, there might be even more trouble with connecting to each other (as it implies port forwarding).

As Metalgamer said, you can use Hamachi. It's kinda quick, efficient and reliable, but it might cause high pings at times (maybe 150-200; I haven't used it in a while).

Could tell me what version of Quake 2 you both are using? (Since it's the "ultimate patch", it should be 3.20 I suppouse)

Maybe we could discuss more about it if we get to speak "live" (either on the Coopordie's chatroom or on Skype/Steam/others)
//
Actually, the Stench is kinda difficult to defeat, as the mapper made a lot of traps which can be really annoying at times. (Just try beating it without dying at all :mrgreen: it'll be a huge pain)

MajorFoley wrote:
those will be easy

"Those" includes my mod (yess, the mod that I remade 4 or 5 times but I still didn't ever get to a 'stable' version). You will dearly regret :twisted: . (As now you've challenged me to make it even harder - yet balanced)

Edit1 (5s later): the monsters don't actually --directly-- deal more damage on the nightmare mode (although they indirectly do because you can't stun them); I've checked that in the source code :P.

hmm if its full of traps... i might have to retract my statement lol, anyways, i see his ip in the address book, i try to use the connect (ip) command in console but then the game doesnt respond, id rather not resort to using hamachi either, i dont exactly enjoy high pings nor does he, the ultimate steam quake 2 patch installs kmquake 2 engine to make it work but yeah im sure its 3.20, ive tried opening the port 27910 wasnt it? or something similar, on the modem/router didnt seem to do much, i mean we can see each other entering the room with all the teleporters via the messages but we cant actually see each other, if you wanna chat live,im usually always on steam. ill pm you the details, also i cant seem to activate nightmare mode via console, i type skill 3, but when i enter teleporter skill still shows as hard not hard+

Wed May 01, 2013 2:08 am

Im here to take this more off topic thats an usual theme nowdays.

delta wrote:
I know it.No one beats the angrnon mission,but i will be the first person who will beat this mission.

I think there was some glitch in the mapchanges or map itself that makes it break? it could be bypassable. i didnt play that map serie much because of the errors.

Wed May 01, 2013 4:05 am