It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC

No Weapon Model bug (Solved, no bug, my own stupid mistake) 

Post No Weapon Model bug (Solved, no bug, my own stupid mistake)
EDIT : Could you please delete this topic. It was my own mistake I didn't notice that I had caused in the first place. There is this "handedness" in the multiplayer model area and I had accidentally changed it to "center", which caused the models to disappear (and particles appear from the middle). Silly me. I'd still like to know how to get the "set skill" command to work properly. It says it will change next game, but it just won't.

Admin note : no need to delete this topic, it could help other players.

Hello! I'm new to this mod, but I'm loving it already. But, there is a problem I'd like to solve.

For some reason, all the weapon models are gone when I play the COOP or DIE mod. I can use the weapons, they shoot out particles and the status bar works and I see an icon that shows which weapon I am using, BUT... I cannot see the model, which gives so much extra to the gameplay.

I also looked more into the matter and can't find anyone else having a similar problem. I also checked the Quake 2 I have installed and there it works.

I have original Quake 2, no additional mods, no modified engines... Everything default. Using Default OpenGL (the other two won't work for me) and running patch 3.20.

This is the original Quake 2. Weapon models work!

And This is COOP or DIE. Weapon models do not work.

Now I've looked through all the .bat and .cfg files and I can't find any variable that I could change which would make the weapon models appear. I can play just fine without the models, but weapon models help me know exactly when I can shoot the weapon and when I am taking it out/reloading.

-----

Also as a side note, how can I exactly make "set skill x" (x = number) to work? It says me that the difficulty will be changed next game, but if I go to any of the maps OR if I press "O" again OR if I quit the game and turn it on again, it does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

PS! I'm not a hardcore Quake 2 player and I'm particularly bad at shooters. Hard is "Too Hard" for me.

EDIT #1: I am running Windows Vista (for 6 years straight, no problems) if that helps anything. I haven't tried compatibility options yet. But I'm not running any compatibility choices on Quake 2, so why should the do anything for the mod.

EDIT #2: Nope, compatibility changes nothing. Still no models.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:32 am
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: No Weapon Model bug (Solved, no bug, my own stupid mistake)
Heh, mistakes may happen. :P
Also, coopordie uses only one skill level -> it`s hard. You cant change it in coopordie.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:15 am

Well, the handness is indeed the thing that caused your problem (I saw it on your uploaded screenshots by the first seconds I looked at them xD)

It basically works like this:
-for handness 0 (right-handed), your model is not affected by anything, but your shots come a bit by the right of your skin (the right arm) and their shooting angle is set a bit to the left.
-for handness 1 (left-handed), your model is flipped (you cannot see that, but other players can) and your shots come by the left of your skin (the left arm) and they go a bit to the right.
-for handness 2 (center), your model stays as it was set to 'handness 1' ,but your shots come by the center of your model (as if you were holding the weapon in your stomach :lol:)

As for changing the skill... By "difficulty will be changed for next game", it possibly means that a mapchange is required (by the console), but the only map you can change to is the startmap (that's because you load it when you press the 'O' button). Even more, coopordie probably resets the skill back to 2 (hard) and some other variables (I'm not sure about this, but when I tried changing the skill, I always ended up having it set to 2).

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:10 am
Profile YIM

So there is no chance at all to lower difficulty? This game is going to be super hard for us it seems. I guess I have to use those "more ammo" and "more health" things.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Drym wrote:
So there is no chance at all to lower difficulty? This game is going to be super hard for us it seems. I guess I have to use those "more ammo" and "more health" things.

If I can do solo with the hard difficulty without using useless craps like that, then you do too.
We can try this together as well and we`ll see.
DON`T CHEAT! - my only advice.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:45 pm

You are not thinking realistically. Of course I can do it if you can (play the whole campaign through alone), but that would mean I'd have to play this game for weeks to get really good at it first. But I don't want that. I don't have time to spend days on this game. It's not that interesting.

It's like, "Hey... I'm new to LoL and MOBA, how can I learn the game in an easier way (with friends)?"
"Go and play Coop vs. AI. Great for learning!"
"Thanks!"

But this is how you responded: (LoL version)
"Hey... I'm new to this game and MOBA, can I lower the difficulty?"
"Nope... If I worked up my skills for years and can play it on eSports level, so can you in just one day."

That's how you sound and that's quite rude.
There should be like an update to the page where there are instructions about the game. Like it's for hardcore players who know how to play the game very well. That the difficulty is set to HARD. And that you need a VLAN tool to play it because I have no idea why did they make a WorldServer in the first place if people can't play on it together.

I'm just kind of pissed off how broken this thing is.

Doom 3 COOP worked excellent and I didn't even need to have a VLAN program (if I remember correctly).

Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:19 pm

You`re wrong, because Im a noob too. :D Doing the solo is not like learning to become a pro. I never rush. I`ve just learned the enemy movements, so I usually dodge their attacks and then shoot them. In multiplayer (for example, DM), i suck like a rabbit. So that`s why you can do it too.

Quote:
why did they make a WorldServer in the first place if people can't play on it together.

that`s the problem that occurs to almost everyone. They (including me) can`t really host the server, because nobody can join them. In my case, people cant join me just because I have bad internet. Or bad PC.
But if theres an another problem, "hamachi" can be the solution. The only program that can get people connected. The a.k.a "friendship savor" :D

EDIT - well I guess I sounded pretty rude, sorry about that. ;)
2nd EDIT - happy strogg slaughtering ;)

Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Oh ok then... I will try this program called Tunngle. Hamachi never worked for me, Tunngle has always (and I mean ALWAYS) worked for me. Tunngle uses a different system, in which you join a game room (say Quake 2) and that room can host up to 255 players. You are given your own virtual IP (unique to that room) and then you can play with all the people in the same room in LAN (up to 255 players).

I've played this way:
Dungeon Siege
Diablo 2
Rise Of Nations
Battlefield 1942
Various other games. Basically, it works. But yeah well... I'll see tomorrow if I can play with a friend or not.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Well... a VLAN program isn't 100% required. It's kinda required if you're too lazy to port forward your router (as I am sometimes) :lol:, or if you need a network where all the players can connect to (if you're from USA in example, and someone else is from Europe, you may use Hamachi to easily make the huge distance unexistant).

Also, if you're new to this game, there may be a few tricks you have to know / you can use:
-you can use the commands "bind c "hand 1"" and "bind v "hand 2"" to easily press C and V to swap your handness. This allows you to stay by the corner of a wall and shoot the monsters; this way, they won't be able to damage you, thus you won't have to risk out your life.

-each time you shoot a monster, it gets 'stunned' for a short while. This is really handy if you plan on killing them in two bursts. In example, it takes two supershotgun shots to kill a gunner: you can just rush the first shot in him and then quickly fire once again to take him down.

-you can get used to the monsters' health rather easily if you use a supershotgun. Basically, you'll notice that it takes 2 shots to kill a gunner (as mentioned above), 2 shots too in order kill a parasite/chick, but it will take 2 "full" shots to kill a berserker (if you miss the smallest bullet out here, you'll have to shoot him 3 times :roll:). Also, it takes 4 shots to kill a gladiator and nearly 7 shots to kill a tank. (these are just examples; the supershotgun is pretty useful and you have access to it pretty early in the game - that's the main reason you prefer using it to learn the monster's health instead of the rocketlauncher/grenadelauncher/railgun (which are also kinda bursty weapons, but they also deal either less/more damage, which reduce/increase the shots required; the supershotty is in the middle xD)

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:00 pm
Profile YIM

Thanks for the info. But yeah it looks like this mod makes the game more a strategy game than a pure shooter.
I guess I've played the game enough (on easier difficulties) to know what kind of levels are coming up for me. But, the hardest part is that I have no idea, when will most of the enemies appear, because on Easy mode, the first chick comes very late in the game. On Hard difficulty, first chick is already in the beginning of Installation. :D

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:03 am