It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC

StartMap issues. 

Post StartMap issues.
This seems to happen at random, but when we return to the startmap, either manually or because someone died, sometimes we keep our weapons, and the level teleporters in the Startmap are disabled. We had to to the wsrv_login thing again to get the teleporters working again.

I also finished Unit 2, and returned to the StartMap at the beginning of Unit 3, but Unit 3 is still locked in the StartMap. Do you have a way of manually unlocking Units from the main campaign? I would like everything to be available to myself and my co-op partners if possible.

I am using the KMQuake2 Steam patch that was distributed on the Steam user forums.

Speaking from personal choice, I do not like that the game is over if just one partner dies, or that each unit from the main campaign has you pretty much pistol-starting. Is there a way to possibly change that so that the game is over once ALL players are dead, and that players always start with the weapons they would normally get during a normal playthrough? Like, I would like to be able to start Unit 2 directly from StartMap with a Single Shotgun and an SMG.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:38 pm
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: StartMap issues.
Well, when you die you don't always get your weapons reset, although everyone should lose their loadout after failing a mission in the challenge mode. However, my patch covers that glitch.

The bug with having the teleporters disappearing once you get on the startmap after someone died could be an error with connecting to the worldserver. Basically, the map looks like that, but the teleporters are added by the 'worldserver' (aka coopordie's server).

If you want to be able to keep the teleporters, you have to play on the "Regular mode" , which is located on your (the host's) profile page. (When someone dies, he should lose his weapons but he can still revisit the reached units)

Also, the mod is called "Coop or die" because --theoretically at least-- the players have to cooperate. Otherwise, they all will fail :mrgreen: .

If you want to grind your weapons back, unit 2 contains a supper shotgun right in the beginning which is quite useful, as it's one of the most efficient weapons. And no, there isn't an option to keep the weapons or get some in the beginning.

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:00 pm
Profile YIM

(IN the beginning)
There is a super shotgun in outer base, unit 1, there`s the water, and the weapon is up on the window, which lets you have a view at the water, and there`s usually a berseker in the right side (on land). (shoot your teammate to boost him up high enough to let him grab that shooty). Erm, don`t just shoot him, tho, you must jump (the grabber must too) for the better chance of getting the shooty.
About this bug -
I didn`t understand this problem when I tried (that was back in 2012, not 2013) a duo with cristi97 before accomplishing a solo run. It`s actually like the only person, that loses weapons, is the one, who died.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi guys,

New to the Coop or Die forum. Hope this is an appropriate thread to ask for help. My brother and I can join each others game but when we do there are no teleporters in the startmap. Each of us can use the teleports when we are solo in the startmap but once we join each other, they are disabled along with the vote switches that have disappeared.

Any suggestions would be great. Cant wait to bust some strogg with my bro!

Cheers in advance.

Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:37 am

It sounds like you weren't connected to the worldserver... Pretty weird error anyway. As always, I can advise you to try connecting using Hamachi.

If you're using the same internet connection, maybe try connecting from two different connections.

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:03 pm
Profile YIM