It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC

Problem to join friend game 
Champion in solo

Post Problem to join friend game
Hello, my friend and i can't to play coopordie together, we can't join other's server.

In console we see other activity (example: my friend see my activity in his console "xrat create a server, xrat join startmap, etc") but we cant play together :(

my friend and i turn off firewall.

if we start a match in gameranger (lithium mode) we can connect each other server without problems.

but we don't see why we can't see each other host game of coopordie :(

any help? please :)

Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:40 am
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: Problem to join friend game
It could be caused by multiple things:

-Are you using a modern engine for Quake 2? (+set net_compatibility 1)
-Are you using a router? (you have to forward (open) some ports)

Also, have you tried connecting to each other on Coopordie by using Gameranger?

By the way: Gameranger acts like a VPN, which usually manages to make your connection act as if you didn't have a router (you can say it does the port forwarding by itself).

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:04 am
Profile YIM

This is already an extraordinarily painful problem, lel :lol:

Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:04 pm
Champion in solo

Standard Quake 2 version (3.20)

in my router i add mi ip to the DMZ (nothing blocked there)

i don't understand why we can connect each other in other mod multiplayer game (example: lithium) and we can reach in coopordie... :(

can you tell me wich steps we must follow to set coopordie thru gameranger?

i tried but when i start the game
my steps:
1- start gameranger
2- host Game (game = quake 2, 4 players)
3- game options (game= coopordie)
4- when i tried to login i get a message that says: "unable to login to worldserver : no reply"

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:02 am
Champion in solo

after some crazy test we have a solution for gamerrange

we place an autoexec.cfg into coopordie folder with these sentences:

bind o "wsrv_login USER PASS"
set wsrv_url http://www.coopordie.com/quake2/rpc

after that we can join each other without problems!

:)

thanks for your replies!

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:06 am

We're getting the same error, even after putting the autoexec.cfg file in the coopordie folder.

unable to login to worldserver : no reply

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:24 am

I just checked the problem myself. It seems like that error appears when you aren't connected to the internet (aka Quake cannot connect to coopordie). This can also happen if, by some mistake, the firewall/anti-virus doesn't allow Quake to access the internet.

If I had the problem myself, I'd check by my hand wheter Quake was blocked by one of those 2 or not. Otherwise, I'm unsure what could cause it.

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:33 pm
Profile YIM

We get that error Vexidus said when trying the coopordie option in gameranger. When we try in regular coopordie, ignoring gameranger completely, it says Kaymicrager connected (to world server). but this last time chats didn't work, they worked once before, even if the coop part didn't. side note: Gameranger standard option, not coopordie, deathmatches work, that's why we have been trying to get coop to work on there, but no reply on connecting to server through gameranger.

Ignoring gameranger completely: We have tried port forwarding. tried allowing the program and the ports in firewall, antivirus. Tried worldserver, tried hosting. I'm not exactly sure how it should be done because the site guide just says "if you want to play with other players you have to host a game (automatic)" If hosting a game somehow involves joining worldserver, we tried that, pressing o, made my character push the keyboard into the scifi monitors in-game (to communicate with mothership I don't even know what that does but It seemed to want me to before stepping into the front left portal i believe) and then vexidus tries that in an attempt to join me, Still do not see each other. In game I see dead users bodies left behind, and see the monsters to fight, but not live Vexidus here to play coop with. He gets the same deal when he does it.
Then we tried actual hosting a game, see Kaymicrager created a game in the chat logs here even, Had him look at his address book in multiplayer menu, add my ip address, username/hostname, none of it turns into an option to join. We're just trying everything because the guide wasn't too specific on this part, unless it is supposed to be so easy and because of whatever problem we have, we don't know. I'm glad to see someone is still active on forums, was worried there, thank you, any ideas?

Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:53 pm

And the noreply on gameranger is when we press o in game. Before pressing o, it is just another deathmatch. We want coop. maybe it's the map selection, or lack of, I don't know I'm guessing a lot here.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:05 pm
Champion in duo

Just tried the autoexec.cfg trick (from xrat) in /coopordie folder to connect to each other using GameRanger, without success.

Again, we see each other connecting to world_server map, we also can connect to each other in a normal Q2 game, but not on /coopordie.

:cry:

Getting a little discouraged here.

Fri May 22, 2020 3:43 am