It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

A new Strogg overlordial election approaching! 
Champion in solo and duo

Post A new Strogg overlordial election approaching!
There is now one Makron less in the universe. With nothing more to slay, the lone hero is looking for even greater challenges.

So, one galactic slayer sidekick spot is vacant. Send in your applications! :}

i.e., Will gladly team up with anyone going for a real coop game.

meanwhile, the miracle survivors of Strogg slaughter are running their campaigns for the overlord title of the war-ravaged planet. Looks like it is going to end up being a straight fight between two candidates.

Candidate #1
Name: Tress Passa
Class: Gladiator
Policy:
-o-Restoring regular supplies: Instead of warping to the other side of the universe and fighting with pesky intelligent races for body parts, some of the homeland mutants will be utilized.
-o-Reviving Strogg military: Finally learning to operate those buttons at processing plants and bringing them back online.
-o-Training drills: There will be pits where cyborgs fight 24/7 to polish their hackin'-slashin'-smashin'-blastin'-railin'-launchin' skills.
Hobbies: Target practices and shouting out random lines.
Pet(s): A parasite named "Gurgles".
Additional info: Is very annnggrrryy!

Candidate #2
Name: Ahhwahha Sigh
Class: Iron Maiden
Policy:
-o- Improving Strogg fashions: All Stroggs will get stylish rocket launchers attached to them in place of their old arms.
-o-Renovating architecture: The destruction of most buildings on Stroggos will be used to replace them with newer ones with some more appealing appearances.
-o-Peacefully resolving the Terran-Strogg conflict: Ahhwahha will seek out an audience of the Terran leader where she will engage in "eager negotiations".
Hobbies: Trying on different body parts of the latest Strogg fashion.
Pet(s): 6 barracuda sharks.
Additional info: Has a chance of becoming the first ever ruling Strogg with more than 60% of body consisting of female parts.

All the Tank Commanders running for the elections were reported to have "lost their heads" or being too slow to arrive for registration in time. It is now all up to those two candidates, who will face off next Friday on the ruins of former Big Gun facility. May the best 'borg win!

Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:04 am
Admin

Post Re: A new Strogg overlordial election approaching!
Pain wrote:
There is now one Makron less in the universe.

Congratulations for your victory in challenge mode !

Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo

Pat AfterMoon wrote:
Congratulations for your victory in challenge mode !

Thank you!

I see that I got my star already. Did you just happen to be on at the right time to go through all my log or is it just a really easy thing to do and can be covered rather quickly?

I wonder what data got recorded in the process... Anything personal about me? :]

By the way, do you also play in challenge mode? I could sure use a coop teammate that would be online regularly, but only in challenge. It keeps me in shape. :]

Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:52 pm
Admin

I've see your victory this morning and checked your log file during my coffee pause ;)

I've sent you an email with your log file.

At first look your inventory was strange during the first maps, you were always full of amunitions, but it seem that you have rushed with only the blaster. On later maps you have principally used the Super Shotgun, wicht is most conventional.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Champion in solo and duo

There is indeed a lot of personal information there. The one that concerns my playing style, at least. :]
Pat AfterMoon wrote:
At first look your inventory was strange during the first maps, you were always full of amunitions, but it seem that you have rushed with only the blaster. On later maps you have principally used the Super Shotgun, wicht is most conventional.

I'm not a fan of Shotgun or Machinegun, AKA "inferior weapons", so I just wait until I get my Super Shotgun, which has proved to be the most reliable firearm out of all that Quake 2 can offer. It deals massive damage from close range (most Stroggs go down in one or two shots), doesn't use up ammo too fast, has a solid shell supply available on all levels and just looks great. It probably sounds good as well, but I covered most of the game with the effects turned off so that didn't really matter.

It also means that I will always have plenty of bullets, grenades, rockets, cells and slugs to share, so teaming up with me won't be a pain in the ammo department.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:20 pm
Champion in quartet

Hey! Congratulations... you did something that much people don't have the courage to do.

I vote for the second one, but really prefer the first candidate because, if we make pace (by the good way) we should never kill Makron again...

Again, congrats

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:52 pm
Champion in solo and duo

xRDVx wrote:
Hey! Congratulations... you did something that much people don't have the courage to do.

I vote for the second one, but really prefer the first candidate because, if we make pace (by the good way) we should never kill Makron again...

Again, congrats

Thanks for the congrats... and your vote! :]

Courage on the internet is overrated.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:15 pm
Champion in solo and duo and trio

Post Weapons
Yes, actually, if you think about it, Super Shotgun does 102 damage, while Rail Gun does 100 damage - that makes Super Shotgun the more powerful weapon. Of course, Grenade Launcher does 103 - 111 damage, as well as the Rocket Launcher, and Grenades can take up to 116 damage, which are much stronger than both Rail Gun and Super Shotgun. But, this is for Multi Player - I have observed that while, for example, a Gladiator needs 3 Rail Gun shots to die, it requires 4 Super Shotgun shots to die, despite Super Shotgun being stronger. But damage to monsters can be different to damage to players.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:42 pm
Champion in solo and duo

Well, all I know is how many shots you need to kill a monster. The required number of shots from Super Shotgun and Railgun are mostly the same, so if you compare those, using Railgun would be wasted ammo in most situations. What I do is use Super Shotgun on a regular basis and rail monsters when there are 2 or more standing in a row, letting me damage/kill all of them.

Another apparent advantage of Railgun is its long range, allowing to instantly kill non-aggravated Stroggs (when they haven't spotted you and their guard is down, they take more damage). Sneaking up with a Shotgun is rarely an option.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:35 pm

[/quote] Sneaking up with a Shotgun is rarely an option.[/quote]

I manage to steak up on plenty of strogg with shotgun the dont seem to react to sound unless you are right on top of them

Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:33 pm