It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Weapons Related Topic 
Champion in quartet

Post Weapons Related Topic
Well.. What I basically wanted to know (besides having that rifle seen on the Demo, that I do like)... Was wondering what kind of weapons we would have:

Melee: Such as swords, axes... chainsaws :twisted:
Short-Ranged: Shotguns, mainly.
Pistols: Self Explanatory...
Medium-Range: Assault Rifles, SMG, ETC.
Long-Ranged: Sniper Rifle, and any other sort of stuff that has long range.
Explosive: Such as grenades, Rockets, Explosives, Mines.

Note: Plasma guns, Lightiing guns (and any other Sci-Fi Guns aviable either on TV, Movies, or Games [as Quake]) are incluided in the respective sub-category.

I know this is a clearly early stage of developement, but I'm pretty sure you have though about this, and you may have an idea of what you want (that's why I had such "large" categories)... besides, not all people are goos with Medium-ranged weapons, and other would rather prefer use an Sniper Rifle with double-pistols...

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:23 pm
Admin

Post Re: Weapons Related Topic
There is currently no real plan about weapons, only these ideas:
  • Only 1 or 2 weapons at a time, that you can choose in a set. a big one and a small one, like an assault rifle and a pistol.
  • Probably a laser marker like the Startcraft ghost and a satellite strike (I like indirect weapons)
  • Probably a carry/drop item similar to the one used by Dune warriors to attract sand worms, but for mutants of course.
  • For the melee, probably a kick with an effect similar to Left4Dead. The advantage of the kick is that it works with every weapons, because it's your foot ;)

Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Champion in quartet

Of course we won't be carrying a lots of weapons.. but.. :P Tell me we're going to have a Shotgun, and tell me we're going to have an MP5 :P

Nah. Just messing.

If you wisht (you, and anyone else), can post question related to Weapons here.. or comments.. just saying..

uh. A marker.. I like the idea.. though you can't put it to be inmediate, and the monsters know there is something there (at least smarter ones) so they will try to run UNLESS they are in-combat or in retreat.

xRDVx wrote: "Humans can dream... and so do I."
mik1 wrote: "i like boys"

Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:40 pm

I think you should be able to fix attachments to weapons, such as grenade launchers and optics. I also have an idea incorporating your laser marker; stick it on a rocket launcher and you can use it to make your rocket (or any other projectile) follow the laser.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:34 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]