It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC

The future GameLaunchPad for COOP or DIE 
Post The future GameLaunchPad for COOP or DIE
Here is a screenshot of the beta version :
This is an auto-update tool. Your local directory is compared with the current version of COOP or DIE from the official server (on the web) and all new files are downloaded (engine, dll, datas ...).
Then, you can type your name and password, and it launch Quake2 and connect directly to the worldserver.

With this new tool it will be easy to make small changes more frequently.

This is a small application coded with Visual C, using the MFC and the wininet API. It is based on a filelist (created with the same tool) that contain filename, checksum and size of each files.

Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:38 pm

Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:52 am
Well, it looks okay... Except for the border and possibly the scroll bars.

:P

So, out of curiosity, does it use FTP or HTTP? Or did you create an entirly new protocol?

Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:05 am
okay... Except for the border and possibly the scroll bars.

When this tool will be completely tested, I will remove the old windows look and I will use bitmap for the dialog box and buttons.

Spike wrote:
So, out of curiosity, does it use FTP or HTTP ? Or did you create an entirly new protocol ?

Both FTP and HTTP, depending the prefix of the URL used as a parameter. The Wininet API is really easy to use and can manage in the same way the 2 protocols.

And of course, this tool will be released under the GPL ;)

Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:55 am

Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:51 am
Post That ROCKS!
Dude, that looks so cool.
:shock:

[offtopic]
What is a keelboat? Its obviously some type of boat... but how big are they?
[/offtopic]

Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:28 pm
Just in case of somebody is interested to use the code of this GameLaunchPad, here is a link to the source code.
I haven't worked on it since august 2004, it isn't polished, but it already works.
The code is under the GPL.

Mon May 08, 2006 8:28 pm
Long time no see pat :P Nice job on the beta of the NEW GameLaunchPad...I was wondering if I was to update the KMQuake 2 engien to it's latest version (I think it's 0.19 Beta 2) if it would ruin the World Server commands for COOPORDIE?I did try it before but I wanna be sure if updating KM's Quake 2 Source Port does cause something like that to happen?

Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:19 am