Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 8:05 am It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC

[ 5 posts ] 
 update 
Post update
what is the status here? What is happening on the worlserver front lines?

Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:26 am

Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:15 pm
He he, don't worry x-trix-c, I'm not ignoring you or my forum :

- It's just summer, and I'm currently most attracted by the sun than by my computer ;)
- Another cause is that I have just bought PlanetSide yesterday, and I must admit it's not a good news for the progress of my projects during summer :D

So about my projects front line :

- Like already said in another thread, I will focus on the content aspect of my projects. The goal is to create a standalone game, in the spirit of OpenQuartz (GPL engine + GPL content and public domain content like the Golgotha package). It will be deathmatch + (Ace)Bot, no monsters, only 4 character models : male, female, cyborg and robot, and 2 to 4 maps for the beginning.

- In also currently write (in python script language) a Quake2 import/export suit for Blender (open source 3D tool). I actually export mesh models to the md2 format, import will come soon.

- On the engine front, I currently waiting for the release of Quake2Max and Quake2Evolved. I'm also very interested by the KMQuake2 engine (enhanced engine + GPLed Lazarus dll). Maybe the KMQuake2 engine with some pieces of code grabbed on Quake2max and Quake2evolved could be ideal for my projects. For the WorldServer 0.4 I need to customize an engine (specific menu + locking of a lot of command and cvar that can interfer with worldserver).

- About COOP or DIE, I will maybe realease a 0.3c with small enhancement and bugfix, but I think I spend too much time on this mod, I must really start War Against The Cyborg.

Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:05 am
- It's just summer, and I'm currently most attracted by the sun than by my computer
HEATHEN!

Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:07 pm
I personally like KMquake2s engine best. It runs the faster i can get 200fps with it easy. quake2max i am hard pressed to hit 90.. specially with rscript on.. rscript is evil!!!!!! I dont know about quake2 evolved i dont fallow it.

Edit: it would be cool if war with the cyborgs, cyborgs looked like monsters still. Had specail abilities and attached wepons. Basicly smart q2 monsters.

Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:23 am
 [ 5 posts ]