Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 5:15 am It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC

[ 7 posts ] 
 pax imperia 
Post pax imperia
hey how about adding pax imperia mission pack support? that would be sick.. i mean u just combine the world server and knights engine that has all the features map makers want then blamo.. :)

Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:20 am
hey how about adding pax imperia mission pack support ?

I'm playing Pax Imperia since yesterday, and I agree with this idea. I have a second professionnal web hosting since 1 month, and it need to be benchmarked, a secondary worldserver could be well for that ;)

:idea: If Mark Shan and Knightmare want to give their opinion, they can post here.

Like Pax Imperia use a specific engine and dll, a separate worldserver could be better. I also can add the display of server ping in the multiplayer join menu of Knightmare's engine.

The challenge mode will be really a challenge this time :D

And I'm sure that Mark Shan will appreciate the big feeback of worldserver logs, and the news features like persistant dead body where they die : "Here lie Pat, killed by a gunner" :twisted:

Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:23 pm
I'm very happy if you want to host Pax Imperia on your worldserver...
About multiplayer compatibility, it's maybe waiting for Knightmare comment...

Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:22 pm
Unfortunately, only the first two maps have coop starts. This will have to wait until the next release of Pax Imperia is out.

Also, Pat, do you plan natively support the mission packs in your worldserver, or would it be by add-on DLL? Id hasn't GPLed the mission pack spources, so it would have to be rewritten from scratch to be under the GPL.

Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:29 am
Unfortunately, only the first two maps have coop starts. This will have to wait until the next release of Pax Imperia is out.

It's not a problem, with XmlRules I can easily add new spawn point without the need to modify the maps.

Knightmare wrote:
Also, Pat, do you plan natively support the mission packs in your worldserver, or would it be by add-on DLL? Id hasn't GPLed the mission pack spources, so it would have to be rewritten from scratch to be under the GPL.

I don't plan to add support for mission packs, but I'm already under discussion with some mappers to add support for their own map packs, including the last mod of the week : the stench serie.

Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:33 am
Will it still be possible to run the mission packs under you worldserver- can it load the game dlls? Pax Imperia needs the dll it includes to support all the new entities.

BTW, the Powershpere Quest would be a good map pack to support- it was designed for coop.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:55 pm
Will it still be possible to run the mission packs under you worldserver- can it load the game dlls ?

The worldserver is implemented on the dll side, so the dll must be modified

Knightmare wrote:
BTW, the Powersphere Quest would be a good map pack to support- it was designed for coop.

Yes, it is on the list, I like this 5 maps mission, and it will be a good trip for challenge mode players. I will probably add more ammo or ammo droped by monsters when they dead, because in the original version it is boring to finish the game with only the blaster.

But before adding this mission I need to release a new version of worldserver with the save of "Cross Level Triggers". In other case you will be blocked if you return to startmap after activating an event in a map that open a door in another map (this problem occur actually in some Q2 mission, many players have signaled it several times).

Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:36 am
 [ 7 posts ]