Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 7:55 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:55 pm

All times are UTC

[ 2 posts ] 
 Bugs / Suggestions 
Post Bugs / Suggestions
Some of these bugs are probally already known, but I'm too lazy to check :wink:

First of all, ammo packs don't seemed to be saved. This sucks because I end up losing 50% of my ammo every time I quit, and I really need the ammo with all the new enemies I have to kill :(

Global triggers are also not saved. A good example of this is on the big-gun stage; you have to turn on the pumps but if you quit and reconnect the pumps will have reset to off.

On the city maps some of the doors are locked even though I used them a few minutes earlier to enter the area.

I have gotten some errors (I think they were overflows) when I get stuck on something (which is another bug). It has happened on one of the mine maps when I hit some, what seemed to be, sticky water. While holding the jump button, attempting to surface, I got stuck on something and thats when I got the error. I also got in when I got stuck on some dead body.

On the mine mission bonus level (the DM map based one) I often get error message about monster's targets or something.

Suggestions:

I find that I am often running low on ammo, and I am VERY efficient with my ammo. Most of the time, if I can get away with it, I'll use the blaster to kill a tank. One solution for this would be to make the regular shotgun and maybe the machine gun have infinite ammo. Or you could just up the ammo max limit and boost the number of bullets per ammo pickup.
I figure these are some good max's for a player with an ammo pack:
Shells: 250, Bullets: 500, Grenades: 150, Rockets: 150, Slugs: 150, Cells: 400

It would be nice to have a list of all the players connected to the world server.

Makron is WAY too easy. You should throw a few tanks in there with the that flying boss thing or maybe even add another Makron.

[/list]

Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:44 pm
Post Re: Bugs / Suggestions
First of all, excuse me for this late answer. So :

Fire Elemental wrote:
ammo packs don't seemed to be saved.

Hu ! I have never take attention to this bug, thanx to report it.

Fire Elemental wrote:
Global triggers are also not saved. A good example of this is on the big-gun stage; you have to turn on the pumps but if you quit and reconnect the pumps will have reset to off.

It's already know, and I plan to correct it, but there is another bug because map are not saved between worldserver session, so trigger save will issue some situations, but not all :(

Fire Elemental wrote:
On the city maps some of the doors are locked even though I used them a few minutes earlier to enter the area.

Maybe an illustration of what I say in lines above.

Fire Elemental wrote:
I have gotten some errors (I think they were overflows) when I get stuck on something ... I also got in when I got stuck on some dead body.

Some people die everywhere :D and it can cause various problems.

Fire Elemental wrote:
On the mine mission bonus level (the DM map based one) I often get error message about monster's targets or something.

This message is for Crusard (author of the map) ;)

Fire Elemental wrote:
It would be nice to have a list of all the players connected to the world server.

Yes, currently there is only the list of servers, maybe an enhancement of this list with names of each players present on each servers could be good.

Fire Elemental wrote:
Makron is WAY too easy. You should throw a few tanks in there with the that flying boss thing or maybe even add another Makron.

He he, good idea, if I have time, I will look at that.

Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:29 pm
 [ 2 posts ]