Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 11:27 pm It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Severe Bug in Last level 
Post Severe Bug in Last level
K guys sry for my bad english but...

i make it all the way through in challenge mode WITHOUT dying..nothing stopped me..execept this stupid BUG :/ I inserted the Data Spinner and the Data disk...but after that there was nothing! I couldnt reprogram this thing....
And know i cant disable the blue forcefields....that is REALLY ANNOYING..since my progress wasnt saved.. and i have to start all over again :(

2 h [nG_Icebird] enter Pumping Station 2
1 h [nG_Icebird] enter Big Gun
1 h [nG_Icebird] enter Outer Hangar
1 h [nG_Icebird] enter Research Lab
1 h [nG_Icebird] enter Inner Hangar
1 h [nG_Icebird] enter Launch Command
1 h [nG_Icebird] enter Outlands
1 h [nG_Icebird] enter Outer Courts
57 min [nG_Icebird] enter Lower Palace
41 min [nG_Icebird] enter Upper Palace
2 min [abuser] is login using KMQuake2
2 min [Abuser] enter StartMap
50 sec [nG_Icebird] stop his server

this is just to prove that i was there...i have a demo btw... where u can see that im not able to finish the map :/

is this a known bug... or have i done something wrong???

*edit* btw this is the greatest mod for Q2 i have sawn so far!!!! Keeep up the good work m8!!!! i love it and my m8`s too :)

*edit2* k i've read the post from Razumen, he seems to had the same problem, but that was in an earlier version right? Could this be related to some erm...shortcuts we took to get the cd? Maybe tehre are some triggers we just dont activate Oo because the other players made it through that darn map and beat Makron...which i hate now more then ever before ;)

*edit3* Dammit Pat where are?? Why do u have a reallife? ;b
I played again to the palace..and still the same, this time i don everything in order..without any shortcuts..still the "§$%§$% same thing again :/

How where the other players able to get through there??

Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:52 pm

I'm really sorry about this bug. Don't worry about what you have done, all is saved on the worldserver log file ;)
Like you know I'm currently busy, but I will look at that ASAP. The 1st thing that intrigate me is that even if you have finished several missions, your account seem to display on the website "MISSION 1" all the time ... very stange.

CU

Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:58 pm

I thought it shows Mission 1 all the time because i play the challenge mode, i thought that is why it always resets to level 1 if u die.

My m8 and me played the normal mode and that saved our progress on your page :)

I encountered this bug in an earlier version of Quake2.... man that was a long time ago i really cant remember which version does that, so i think it may have something todo with the KMQ2 Engine. I will try standart SinglePlayer, and give u a report IF that helps :)

Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:13 am
is this normal or a bug: when i die,my progress isn't saved,but when i disconnect it is.so when i die i go to the map where i last disconected
having only a blaster in supply station in hard mode isn't easy to play with :(

Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:27 am
I think this is normal, cause if u die you will loose everything cause u are DEAD ;) But if u play with a friend and he doesnt died than ask him to drop u a weapon or 2 ;) its happened to me before and thats why this mod is called: "COOP or DIE" ;)

Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:37 pm
I thought it shows Mission 1 all the time because I play the challenge mode, i thought that is why it always resets to level 1 if u die.

LOL, you are right ;)

About the data spinner issue I have a possible idea : the mission must be accomplished without returning to the startmap. This is an old problem related to the "return to startmap" and continuing the mission by taking the teleporter to the right. Some triggers are not saved in this case (cross level triggers). So if you have activated something in a map that interact in another map, it won't work if you return to the startmap before finishing the mission.

Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:14 am
Uhh sounds hard todo, but i will try it today! Thanks for the tip :)

*EDIT* Oh now i know what u mean!

But i never went back to the StartMap! I played it in a row without returning there. I thought i shall not return the start of the palace map.
Really strange then, but i know you will manage that somehow :D

Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:32 am

there is only 1 and he is on a diferent level

Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:40 am

Hmm i think it would be nice to make an irc channel on Quakenet so we all can meet there and kick some badasses together ;)

I opened the channel join me and i hope others will follow :)
it's #coopordie @ q-net hope to see ya there.

oh and i will be afk after i send this post but im back in 2 hours and ready to kick ass :)

Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:48 am

Sry i know your are busy with your project, but please Pat fix this Bug PLEASSSEEEEE!!!

Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:34 pm
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next