Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 2:59 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC

[ 8 posts ] 
 Runing Coop or die with normal engine 
Post Runing Coop or die with normal engine
Me and a friend are trying to play "Coop or Die" together. I don't have any problems, but he has a S3 Savage 4 and when he runs kmquake2, it says "Couldn't run openGL renderer." I've tried runing the mod with the original quake 2 engine, but it seems not to load the mod (it doesn't understand wsrv_login). Can anyone help me?

Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:01 pm
you cant run coop or die with any other engine than the coopordie engine (based on kmquake2).

I dont know why you are getting that problem though :/

Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:17 pm

Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:48 pm
I'll try updating the drivers, but I think it doesn't have hardware openGL support. The game runs with software openGL, but not with 3dfx or anything else.

EDIT: I updated the drivers from 8.02 to 8.20 (hope the latest) and it still doesn't work. I'll try installing openGL or something.

Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:49 pm
Does anyone know where I can find openGL drivers for Savage 4? I couldn't find anything useful.

Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:48 pm
# Since the 0.3 version you can use any engine you want to play COOP or DIE. The procedure for WORLDSERVER CONNECTION is the same with Quake2Max or BeefQuake. Look at the coopordie.bat file for the command line parameters.

Does "any engine" include the original quake2 engine? Cause i can't get it to run with it!!!

Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:23 pm

since 0.4 pat switched to KMQuake2 as the standard and only valid Engine for Coop or Die.

So you cant run the latest Coop or Die version with anything else than the Engine it comes with.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:16 am
So you cant run the latest Coop or Die version with anything else than the Engine it comes with.

How do i make it run with that engine then?

Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:01 pm
 [ 8 posts ]