It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC

Co-Op mode 
Post Co-Op mode
Hey there, i just joined the scene cause COOP games on the PC are limited, and i did remember Quake 2 having one so wth decided to go for it, Graphics dont hurt me, its all about the fun gaming with another.

Here's the question;

I haven't played this with someone else yet, i do have a friend who's getting online sooner or later and that will also use the mod, but i noticed something while i was playing.

If i die, and i jump from startmap into the portal to continue, it loads again with enemies respawned, will this happen everytime? Or when someone else is with me in the level i will just respawn and i can move on with him/her to kill monsters.

Its a bit of a dumb question i know, but im just wondering cause i have no idea how long it will take (perhaps a few days) before i get that friend, or someone from here to join. (already worked on the Router connection, that's fine)

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:03 pm
Post Re: Co-Op mode
Arty wrote:
If i die, and i jump from startmap into the portal to continue, it loads again with enemies respawned, will this happen everytime?

Yes, it's happen all the time, this is a COOP or DIE feature. You must beat an entire mission without dying. If you are playing with a teammate, you must co-operate or ... die ;)
Trust me, after some adaptation, it's a big part of the fun of this mod.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:45 pm
That's the challenge. It's what keeps it exciting. I would have lost interest a long time ago without the permadeath feature. I'm a gaming masochist though, I play EVE Online, ADOM and all the games with permadeath :)

Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:15 pm