Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 5:23 am It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC

[ 10 posts ] 
 Suggestions/Information From A "COOP or DIE" Playe 
Post Suggestions/Information From A "COOP or DIE" Playe
Long boring story is in quote:

Quote:
Ok, I am a gamer, I like Quake, I like Quake3, but I always hated Quake2. So recently, I was looking throught the PlanetQuake news and saw all those Quake2maX news and decided I HAD to play it.

I look at this Quakesource.org forum sometimes... its really good. From lookign through this forum is the way I learned about this mini mod (well I think iits mini because not too much is changed). My first time trying it I got to play with Crusard, the guy who beat the whole game in challenge mode first. A couple of months later, I was just passing by when I noticed that the challenge mode is ON.

I made Crusard die once, it was an accident, I don't really know if he forgave me... I didn't actualy get him killed but I was playing with him when he died. He was only playing the cheaper levels because I wasn't as high as him. I left soon after him and his buddy where playign again.

I was on mission 3 when he was at mission 10 at the time and when you congratulated him for beating the game: I exclaimed "He only won because I don't play as much as him! Hehehehe, I wil be next then!"

An hour after I said that, "MrSmartypants" and "cvs" had beaten me to MISSION 4. I couldn't believe it so I played mission3 myself... I TOTALY got scared when I set off the alarm in mission 3 and the red lasers where going to kill me in 1 hit. So I stopped playing COOP or DIE for 2 days.

While I was gone, I had been playing single player because I wanted to make sure I didn't die when I would do the REAL thing. Then I realized the game was way too easy on single player and guessed that the only reason COOP or DIE was hard was because it was on "nightmare" difficulty.

I played alot, I never expected to beat the entire game on single player by myself without dying... But I DID beat the whole game on nightmare difficulty without dying! So I started to play COOP or DIE and when I turned a certain corner to expect some gladiators... there were puny little troopers with lasers!

I had worked my butt of to beat the game alone on single player "nightmare" difficulty, only to find out the COOP or DIE's challenge mode was on "hard" difficulty!!! I got to work on it immediatley then, I KNEW I could beat the holy hell out of the entire game without dying after what I had just done.

But heres where the bugs start coming in! I beat mission 3 and got to the mines entrance. then I diecided to restart my game and see if COOP or DIE saved my progress. I re-logged into the server with the "wsrv_login" command. When I got back in: my ammo pack was GONE, the mines entrance was NOT saved... the only thing that I had saved was the single teleporter on the right side of the starting base. This was really bad... I had to beat the mines entrance from the last place I was at or else everythign I just did woudl have been lost. I had to play without my ammo pack (I am a very conservative person... I don't like to leave ammo behind me, unused)

I beat mission 4, but instead of re-logging in... I just quit the game from the main menu. I can now go into the mission 5 teleporter... but amazingly, I can't go into the misssion 4 teleporter. I have a screenshot of this, it is very funny!

But, I am also a perfectionist so I am going to go beat mission 3 all over again. Is there some kind of a logout command? will "wsrv_logout" work? This was a very nasty bug! If the other people were not dying so much I would ask you to raise the difficulty of the game...

Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:09 pm
Oh yea Pat, thanks for the game... it inspired me to play Quake2 single player.

Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:10 pm
Thank you for this long message JudicatorOmega. it is real pleasure for me to look at the log of the worldserver and see how gamers are progressing with the challenge mode.

I'm really sorry about the unsaved data bug, but it happen sometime, send me a mail with the missing data clearly detailled. I have restored the ammo pack in your inventory, but I wasn't informed about the lost teleporter.

The data are saved at each map changing, but sometime, the host of the worldserver doesn't respond. If it occur, it display an error message in the console, like "RPC_ERROR no reply ...".
You can continue to play and at the next map changing the data were attempted to be saved again. You can return to the startmap by typing directly "wsrv_login" and returning to your map by taking the teleporter to the right (current game saved).

The logout function save data too, it was called when you quit Quake2 (don't turn off your internet connection before quitting).

I have improved error management in the current version but I currently work again on this. I have greatly optimized the webchat, because it was initially based on database request (each 5 sec), it is now server file based and doesn't lock database anyway.

In the next version I will decrease database access by 10 (file session based) and improve retry code (for important functions like save data).

I will start to work on War Against The Cyborg only when these problems were be solved.

I will also test a new professional host in a few days. I hope it will reduce "unresponded request" signifiantly.

I hope these bugs don't discourage you to finish the Challenge Mode, and feel free to inform me if it occur again ;)

Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:51 pm
Ok, I think you should actualy remove the "Ammo Pack" from my inventory... The item that I was wanting was the "Ammo Backpack". The one that is better than a Bandoiler (however it is spelled) and lets me carry 200 shotgun shells insetad of 100, 300 bullets instead of 200, 300 cells, 100 grenades/rockets, etc. Since you added it to my inventory and it didn't help me anyways, I think that there is a difference between the two things?

I beat mission 3 all over again... I do not get such an error in my console (atleast I don't bother to scroll up and look for one), and I still do not get the mission 4 teleporter. Can you please just add it to my account? Not that I need to go back there when the mission 5 secret level has a bunch of goodies!

Are you going to someday fix the "bandoiler", "ammo backpack", and "adrenalines" so that they save correctly? Those are my favorite items, hehehehe.

Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:38 pm
Post I think...
...the adrenaline and bandoiler things are way too much, altough they could add some kind of rpg ambient to the game, but there are lots of them throughout the game, minimum 3 per unit, and there are more than one in some levels. The backpack is present in a decent number of levels, and I think it would be Ok if you could keep those because if you pick up several backpacks the effects are (As far as I remember) non-accumulative.
The difficulty, yes. I agree it´s pretty easy. At least for some of us(GreyFox/Andrés, my brother didn´t even make it through the first level, hehe) . I should make clear, though, that there is no difference between the hard(skill 2) difficulty and the "Skill 3" (Q2Max: Nightmare), which has not been used in ID maps, or Quake 2(Default engine) menus. I guess it would be a great idea to make extra difficulty settings using Entity manipulation for more advanced users.

Woosh... I must have forgotten about the Aftermoon forum. Maybe bcause I´ve made almost all my bug reports through the chat window at the coop or die page. But I think I will be using it more often in the future
to avoid multiple reports of the same bug, etc.

Alright, good luck everyone. C´yall later-

Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:25 am
This is freakin amazing... I didn't think it would happen to me... but it happened... I was the the map before The Big Gun, there was many earthquakes going on, I was in the lowest area that was near flooded with lava. The phone rings, and I get up to answer it because my uncle was tryign to leave a message "Pick up the phone you little b*tch!" (don't ask), I got up and ran to the phone to go reply, but when I picked up the phone, he hung up already. When I walked back into my room I noticed that my BFG wasn't held out anymore...

Thats when I screamed in terror! "NOOOOO!!!!!!!" I had been in a thin walk, when the earthquake had tossed me into the drink! I didn't even get to hear my guy scream from the lava pit so I can jump out... he was just so silently dead already.

This is SO EXTREMELY CRUEL! I had been slowly workign my way up only to be taken back to the bottom... all because my uncle calls on the phone and calls me a b*tch?

Pat... PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ME! You can take away all 216 of my armor, you can take all my power shields, you can take my beloved Super Shotguns, but PLEASE don't make me do all that work again. It is not as if Makron destroyed me with his BFG, this was an earthquake to an AFK person... I beg for mercy!

Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:10 am
Pat... PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ME! ... It is not as if Makron destroyed me with his BFG, this was an earthquake to an AFK person... I beg for mercy!

Bind the command wsrv_login to a key, and the next time your phone ring, simply hit the key. You will be teleported to the startmap, and the teleporter on your right will point on your current played map for return after your phone call.

About "mercy", it's ok for this time because this is a betatest and you are at high level.

But there is price : now your name is JudicatorGhost

JudicatorOmega wrote:
take away all 216 of my armor, you can take all my power shields, you can take my beloved Super Shotguns ...

Hum good suggestion, so your inventory has been a little altered during the reviving incantation ;)

CU

PS : have fun and remember, it's your last chance, a ghost has no extra live :D

Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:47 pm

Darn it... Darn it all...
4 hours after exclaiming my beloved game got destroyed over a simple phone call: my internet goes down... (see http://www.directvdsl.com)

We ordered Earthlink DSL the 31st of January and the a-holes say it will get here in about 7 days, so the 7 days pass and still n DSL modem. I been patiently playing Quake2 single player... I beat the game 4 times again and an extra 3 times with the Generations mod... I was hoping no one else beat me to COOP or DIE second place... (did I submit COOP or DIE news to PlanetQuake before I left? Either that or I sent them news on the Telejano Quake engine...)

I still haven't gotten my DSL back but here at my uncle's computer I checked the site to see if I have been restored, then I don't find my name, so I check back here to find out that my character is now the JOGhost with 50 shells and 50 grenades that I never use anyways.

I was going to follow Crusard and beat the game 3 days after him, but now I been screwed (heh, I asked for it)

Now you asked for it, now I'm mad... I'm gonna unleash hell on these b4stard stepchilds... I'm going to beat the game on presidents day, even earlier if my Earthlink DSL gets home tommorow.

Thank you sir, but the railgun is found in mission 5,
JudicatorOmega

Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:08 am
sorry but Demoness beat the secound place.

Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:10 pm
I beat the game 4 times again and an extra 3 times with the Generations mod...

Generations mod? for Quake2?

Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:51 am
 [ 10 posts ]