Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 7:49 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Mapping for COOP or DIE 
pat dont you have any comment on the above suggestions... Im curious(SP) to what u think...

Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:21 pm
pat dont you have any comment on the above suggestions

About inventory and progress be left aside when using Mission packs , I think it could be a good idea because it let more freedom for mission pack creator. Technically it's not a problem, it only need work and time ;)

About Lazarus, I would like to use the totality of the Lazarus code, because it's really great for creating new map. But as I know, there is multiple licence issue about it (The code isn't GPL, it use code from non GPL dll like rogue or ground zero, and use of external lib that are not GPL compatible like fmod).
I know that Knightmare (a Quakesrc coder) has contacted David Hyde (the Lazarus author), I have tried too there is many months, but got no answer to my emails, and forum message.

About what I think ... I think that with the softcore mode I will have the possibility to play the entire game for the first time ! who want to be my guide !

I also plan to add "calamity" to COOP or DIE, like the disparition of all medikit (maybe 90% only) and a sort of puzzle with indices hidden in multiple maps, for finally get access to an hidden mission (probably a DM map with monsters). The players who will accomplish this mission will become hero, like those who have slayed Makron in HardCore mode. The result of their victory will affect all players in all maps, with the return of medikits (maybe only for a given time).
Of course this type of mission will have a little storyline, like "The Stroggos have destroyed a spaceship hospital, the marines need to capture a communication center for sending a SOS ... bla bla bla" ;)

My goal is to create events that affect all the players, not only those who play on the same server.

Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:01 pm

Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:36 pm
well i am in a mod team, 007q2, and i think we have the lazarus source because we have emplemented model_spawn from it and i talk to ion about use using misc_actor from it for all our monsters instead of editing the q2 ones... he thought this was a good idea.... mabye i can talk to ion and see if he has been able to get a hold of this hyde

Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:48 pm
and the medkit seems kool and people like crusade and harven are gonna get all of them badges... hmm mabye i can sell cookies to teh stroggs and get one myself..

Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:51 pm
Post Regarding Lazarus
The beta-last-release source is out... I dunno what kind of license he refers to here though:
Quote:
Lazarus source code
Version 2.105
05/19/02

The end. It has been a fun ride, but this will most likely be the last update I make to Lazarus. This zip includes all source code needed to build the Lazarus gamex86.dll, version 2.105, including the previously-omitted 3dfx header files you'll need for glide fog.

The code compiles fine with MSVC 6.0, and should also work with no problems with MSVC 5.0. I make no guarantees of success with any other compiler. If you insist on lcc, hey that's your problem, bub :-)

Use to your heart's content any way you see fit, subject to id's original license agreement. If you use this to make money, it won't be me you need to worry about but somebody with just a bit more clout. If you *do* use any of this in a publicly-released mod, I'd appreciate a link to the Lazarus site, currently http://planetquake.com/lazarus.

David Hyde
rascal@vicksburg.com

The .zip file w/ beta source.
[ http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?lazar ... 051902.zip ]
[ http://www.planetquake.com/lazarus/downloads.htm ]

Unless you're planning on making cash, in which case, nevermind =)

Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:52 pm
The beta-last-release Lazarus source is out...

I know that and I already have all the source code. My request to david Hyde during the last year was only about the licence. For my project, I want to strictly respect the GPL licence. Like a lot of stuff developped in the past (with multiple contributors, see Lazarus credit page), I'm not sure how this project could be clearly used in a GPL context. So I only plan to use pieces of code for inspiration if I need to implement some similar stuff.

Moderator note : If you want to discuss about the Lazarus code or the GPL licence, please, start a new thread in the Quake2 engine or dll forum.

Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:49 pm

Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:07 pm

Editing maps with XML Rules is insanely fun! As soon as I get the free time I will make a really interesting Unit 1, then send it to you so that you could approve it and add it to the official COOP or DIE server. This will be awesome, I am sure you will agree with the changes I will make.

Is there any way to make it so that when 1 person grabs an item: everybody gets the item? Or make it so that a certain item will allways stay in the same place but a player can only grab it ONCE.

This is a cooperative game... these kinds of things are good for cooperative mode... I have really cool ideas for the Unit 1 modifications I am going to be making. I want to add my own secret weapons/ammo but I want them to be shared with all players because I know that not all players are able to do trick jumps as good as people like me.

Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:06 am
It´s impossible to make an item be given to all players when one gets it. The weapon stay is on by default in coop or die, so key items and weapons will stay in the same place. Each player can pick them up once.

Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:43 pm
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next