Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 7:15 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Mapping for COOP or DIE 
Crusard, (using XML Rules) do you know any way how to make an enemy stay put until he sees me? I have him in a hiding place so that he pops out when you least expect it, but when I kill the enemies before him, he pops out! The only thing I know how to do is set an entity's "origin" and "angle"... is there any options "stayput" or something to make them patrol certain areas? I know absolutely nothing about making maps, I only have QERadiant to check out the entitity names.

Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:33 pm
Yeah, you can use the "sight" spawnflag. It´s falg is 4.

So you can use it like this in an XML: "spawnflags" "4"
You can add more flags if you want of course.

You may also want to use the "Trig Spawn" spawnflag (Flag is 2), which makes the monster appear ONLY when a trigger has been fired.
This requires to give the monster a "targetname".

BTW, Try QuArK ;·)

Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:03 pm
someone suggested putting monsters in the q2dm maps... i think it's a good idea. a while ago, i played on a guy's server where he used some mod (i dont know which mod it was, i should have asked him) to place a bunch of monsters in all the q2dm maps, and the final map, q2dm8, had makron in it. or it might've been another map, i cant remember if it was q2dm8 or not. the main problem with using these maps is that they are not "linear" (because theyre deathmatch maps, duh) so they aren't really suitable for single-player/co-op.

Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:51 pm
someone suggested putting monsters in the q2dm maps... i think it's a good idea.

Yes it's a good idea, Crusard has already made a new map based on a DM map, with monsters and a cool progression path. His idea to block an issue with a fallen Strogg ship is a good idea. You can also modify some doors trigger or add laser if you want to close some way for create a more linear path.

Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:27 pm
Post Re: Mission Pack support?
Crusard wrote:
First, there could be teleporters from startmap to other mission packs' teleporter areas. That´d be cool.

You could do the fisrt few levels of Q2, then go to another mission that doesn't have many items in it... cooool idea.

An extension is that you could move between servers.

And on that note, Pat, what would be nice is having a seperate table for Servers. That way, you could have a centralised list of dedicated servers, without having to sort thru the user list for the servers, and they wouldn't need names like 'DEDICATED_Barrysworld.com' for example

Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:38 pm
And on that note, Pat, what would be nice is having a seperate table for Servers. That way, you could have a centralised list of dedicated servers, without having to sort thru the user list for the servers, and they wouldn't need names like 'DEDICATED_Barrysworld.com' for example

There is already a flag in the server list that indicate dedicated server. But currently it is not used, all the servers are sended to all players, and added to their server list.

When I will have time, I want to implement teleporters in the startmap for joining servers. With this feature I will add a message with infos : current map, players, country, dedicated ...
Displaying the ping before joining the server will need an engine hack, so it will be done later.

The problem with teleporters for joining servers is that you can't join from everywhere, you must return to startmap ... any better ideas are welcome ;)

Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:52 pm
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3