Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 5:18 am It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC

[ 5 posts ] 
 Amount of players playing? 
Post Amount of players playing?
We (Machine, I and one more, don't remember who, though) had a problem yesterday.

There were 3 of us on Machine's server and 2 possible players to join in. Well, Machine changed maxclients to 5. It seemed to work, through console it said maxclients "5" (after server restart, that is) but when Machine, I and my friend Viper and a fourth player joined then the server couldn't take any more even when maxclients was 5.

So, what I'm asking is that could it be possible to set command maxclients possible to change by the creator of the server at least? Not just up but down also. Let's say me and Machine play at mission 3 or 4 and then someone joins and he can only access mission 1. Well, that at least pisses me off. In situations like that it would help to be able to change it lower.

I hope you can make something out of what I just wrote. :)

Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:35 am
i think it would be a good idea to do some kind of minimummission cvar. So when the server creator sets it only people who are in the same mission can join there server.

Ghost

Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:47 am
Well, that ain't what I want since I'm on mission 4 and my friend Viper (who joined) was on mission 1 at the time.

What I want is what I said, the power to control the amount of players to the game maker not the server. It is the maxclients command! That is all that's needed at least that I know of.

Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:46 pm
i understand what you mean and i agree, but I want something like i posted above. That was just an other suggestion.

Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:46 pm
The maxclients cvar could be now changed in your player profile on the COOP or DIE website, from 2 to 4.
I'm not sure but I've hear somewhere that Coop games does not work with more than 4 players, maybe because there are only 4 coop spawn points on standard maps.

Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:49 am
 [ 5 posts ]