Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 11:01 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 damn this is liek 2x harder 
Post damn this is liek 2x harder
with the ammo never around and the guys not dropping much i am when into the bos at hte security grid control things with 4 shells and mabye some bullets.. too hard too hard lol.. some people may beable to beat machron with a blaster but i am still trying to get to him.. mabye have the guys drop more ammo.. only like 1/4th drop any and usually it isnt hte ammo i want or need.. i like the keep my cells high for power armor.. also split mission 4 into 2 cause it is like as big as mission one two and 3 together

Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:12 pm
For me the 2 first levels of mission 4 are enough.

I can't do that with that amount of enemies and certainly with that new ammo & health setting.

I'm starting to feel like throwing in the towel, so do speak. In other words I feel like giving up.

Currently I'm stuck at mission 4 level 1 with only the blaster. I wont survive that.

Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:25 pm
I'm starting to feel like throwing in the towel, so do speak. In other words I feel like giving up.

Solutions one : Find some teammates who can help you, cooperate or ... ;)

Solutions two : Choose one of the existing DM map and create an XmlRules file like Crusard does with mine entrance. Don't be afraid by the term XML, it's not so hard. Create a little mission with an ammunition depot for goal ;)

Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:04 pm
i might create an xml file that gives you loads of guys and guns.. i think that would be funner.. hmm.. massive death to cyborgs....

Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:07 pm
Ok well here's my thoughts, I restarted from mission 1 (had to drop all my weaps and items, but couldn't drop armor or ammo, so i had to shoot all my shells once I got my shottie and stand and get hit till all my armor was gone :-p)

The first level was pretty interesting, I got the shotgun and that came with 10 shells, after that I had to use my blaster to kill everything else, there was no ammo whatsoever.

The next level was better, there was actually (a little) more ammo and you get the machine gun as well. Killing the basic grunts is pretty easy so you don't really need to waste more than 5 bullets max on one of them, although the stronger ones do require more of an expenditure of lead.

Next came the supershottie level, which was funny because I actually got TWO supershotties from enemies before I even came to the room where it usually is, IMO that kinda defeats the purpose of going there. (Maybe just have the monsters drop more ammo other than weapons...)

By the end of the unit I was getting a little low on ammo, but still managed to pass it with quite a bit of ammo and without using any quads or invulnerabilities. Here's my equipment so far:

1 Blaster (duh :roll: )
2 Shotgun
2 Supershotgun
1 Machinegun
181 Bullets
9 Shells
9 Rockets (Leftover from last game-can't drop ammo)
260 Cell (Ditto)
96 Slugs (Ditto)
5 Grenades
1 Quad
1 Invulnerability
1 Rebreather
1 Silencer

IMO the less ammo does make it harder, but I'd rather have seen more monsters instead (I know it'll take time to code, I'm just saying :wink: )

Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:54 am
Post Useful commands for teamplay
Here´s some commands. Useful ones :P (Without quotes):
For dropping stuff:

"drop bullets"
"drop rockets"
"drop [(ammo) etc]"
"drop super shotgun"
"drop [(weapons) etc]"
"drop quad damage"
"drop [misc etc]"

For gestures:

Flipoff: "wave 0"
Salute: "wave 1"
Taunt: "wave 2"
Wave Hand: "wave 3"
Point: "wave 4"

Some people don´t know them yet :D

Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:58 pm
Dang, I've had fun flipping off to one of my friends while we were playing Coop Or Die over my LAN :lol:

Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:59 pm
Maybe just have the monsters drop more ammo other than weapons...

There is maybe a bug about random, because there is theorically 10% chance to drop ammo and 1% to drop weapon, and when I have tested it online, I've got 3 shotgun in 5 minutes.

About the supershotgun, i will remove it from the drop list, for preserving the interest of the secret map of mission 1 (maybe also remove it from start of mission 2).

Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:06 pm
Be sure to delete the one in the last room on the first mission, too.

Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:18 pm
"drop super shotgun"

Last I checked, when I went to drop a weapon, it said "Item is not droppable". "drop shotgun" "Item is not droppable". :P Haven't checked last few days tho...

Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:38 pm
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next