Last visit was: Thu May 09, 2024 2:12 am It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 damn this is liek 2x harder 
hey pat mabye u can add loops to the xml code.. that way u can continully drop guys in on the same place as they die making it feel like mroe enimes are added but with less figiting with editors and stuff also u could make it loop random amounts of times so on time u could get 12 enimes added and the next only 13 if u see what i dunno mabye this is capable with out a loop in worldserver xml..

Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:03 pm
X-trix-c, I have one word for you: "periods" :wink:

Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:44 pm
Yeah, you have all the time in the world on a forum :) Take your time and make it readable for us, please? =)

Quote:
Hey pat, maybe you can add loops to the xml code. That way you could continually drop guys in on the same place as they die, making it feel like more enemies are added but with less fighting with editors and stuff. Also you could make it loop a random number of times so one time you could get 12 enimes added and the next only 13. If you see what...

I dunno maybe this is capable without a loop in worldserver xml.

=) Interesting, anyway... Dunno if I'd want them spawned in the same place though. Maybe a random XYZ coordinate as long as it's "in" the map and not in a solid or something. Unsure. If you wanted, what you could do is [dynamically, ooo] add spawn points to maps for additional monsters yourself... Chamooze did this -- http://www.planetquake.com/giex . :)

Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:58 am
X-trix-c, I have one word for you: "periods" :wink:

Can you explain more plz ;)

MarauderIIC wrote:
what you could do is [dynamically, ooo] add spawn points to maps for additional monsters yourself... Chamooze did this in giex

I like the GIEX concept but for the existing Quake2 mission I prefer to stay on the storyline and add monsters where there are already some.
I don't want monsters spawn in front of you without reasons. Don't forget about multiplayer, even if you spawn a monster depending a trigger, it is possible that another player was on near or on the spawn point.
But a concept like GIEX could be applied to new maps, I think about the new secret maps that use the DM map with monsters.

Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:22 am
well see if u add loops and varibles this way u can add more guys with less entities cordinates. u might need a varibles for this to work.
Code:
<varible>{"$x" "100"}</varible>
<varible>{"$y" "100"}</varible>
<varible>{"$i" = "0"}</varible>
<while> {"i" = 7}<while>
<when>
   <if not "$x $y 100" = "$outofmap">
      <entity> {"classname" "monster_soldier" "origin" "$x $y 100" </entity>
      <v_add>"$x" 10"</v_add>
      <v_multiply>"$y" 10"</v_add>
      <v_add>"$i" "1"</v_add>
      </if>
</when>

like this might explain it better... i really want like varibles and while loops added in also some predefined varibles like $outofmap will really be a call to a function to see if that particly coordinate is whithin the map walls. there are other uses of loops and varibles.. limitless uses. not sure how if look and the loops done dont have to have hte same syntax as i put them.. also i was able to do something like this with trigger multiple and target_spawner![/code]

Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:38 pm
Currently, XmlRules are only applied when loading a map, not when playing. There is already loops ... in PHP. Like the XmlRules file is loaded from the WorldServer, it can be a static file, or a file generated by a script, it is already the case for the StartMap, The XmlRules is a result of multiple factor (list of players, visited maps, ...). There is a generate teleporter function that automatically add the teleporter, the dest, the trigger_changelevel the light (red or green) and the force field (if needed).

x-trix-c wrote:
also i was able to do something like this with trigger multiple and target_spawner

I think too ;)

Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:01 pm
wow thats kewl u can use php but how am i to test my php scripts with out downloadin the actual worldserver?

Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:54 pm
You can see it in your own server. If this is what you mean.
Create a .bat or .lnk file to quake2, like this:
+set game coopordie +map yourmap +set xmlrules yourrulesfile.

More info at the Wiki page
http://wiki.aftermoon.net/index.php?pagename=XmlRules

Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:11 am
no i mean how do i set up a php enabled xml file

Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:14 am
Sorry, no idea. Pat will answer that.

Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:16 am
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next