Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 4:56 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 damn this is liek 2x harder 
damn the first two levels had no health only those ones that give u 1 health point!!!! plus i think on base 1 those grunts with chain should always drop ammo and along with the hyper flyers.. or ok not always but mabye more often than the normal soldier.. i get more ammo from them than any other..

Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:28 am
The difficulty of the first maps was ok for me. Maybe the Softcore mode could modify the entity removing so it´s even easier for players that don´t have much experience. :shock:

Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:37 pm
Is it my imagination, or are the small health packs giving me 5 health points?

Either way, still didn't help. I went from 106 health at the beginning of E2M1 to zero at the end. :shock: :D

I don't try too hard in the first few episodes as I'm used to them being pretty easy. I can't wait to get down to it for real and see how far I get.

Great job, Pat

Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:17 pm
wow thats kewl u can use php but how am i to test my php scripts with out downloadin the actual worldserver?

I'd also be curious about running a LAN server EASILLY with .xml files used in each map without the worldserver.

I can use either Win 98 SE or Red Hat Linux 8.0 as a dedicated server with 2 clients connecting over a 10 MB LAN.

Pat, any idea how to setup anything like that? Or is it even possible?

Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:44 pm
I mean how do i set up a php enabled xml file

You have to install and configure a worldserver on your PC. Download the source and look at the readme files. I admit it's not an easy task, and I don't have really much time to make a clean install doc. But GhosFace has done it, so read his section in the wiki page http://wiki.aftermoon.net or maybe he will help you.

Another solution if you just whant XmlRules and php script, install PHP on your PC (EasyPhp is a good windows implementation), and simply generate the xml content with a php script, then save it to a file and use the file like crusard write above.

Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:53 pm
just ask

Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:19 am
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3