Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 11:18 am It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 A strogg you can fear 0_o Poll 

Which is the most effective Strogg monster?
Poll ended at Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:00 am
Shotgun/machinegun Soldier 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Gunner 37%  37%  [ 7 ]
Parasite 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Tank Commander 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Gladiator 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
Jorg + Makron 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19
Post A strogg you can fear 0_o Poll
Of course if you put a shotgun soldier against Makron he won´t last much :roll: , but the objective of this post is to know which is the most effective monster overall, thru the game.

Personally, I believe the Gunner is the one. Good balance and extreme firepower when using grenades.

The parasite could be dangerous if you get ambushed.
Tanks are slow, but sometimes can kill.
Gladiators have their touch, altough they´re weak at close range.

Be sure to make your vote 8)
If the monster you think is the best is not in the poll list, be sure to tell :D

ps: Pat knows which is the most effective unit officially. It´s all in the death logs. :shock:

Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:00 am
One on one, it's gunner every time. Tanks you can hide from, soldiers take one hit, and the Gladiator is, well you said it.

But with the right combo, you can be in deep trouble. Two gunners in an open space, and you might do okay. Two gladiators in an open space, and it's a lot harder to keep them both in the 'sweet spot' where they're ineffective.

p.s. Having said all that, I last got killed by a light soldier. :/

Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:17 am
i tihnk the tank guys that have rockets would be effective high up.. and in places u cant hide from as well.. the ones with grenade should also be high as if u get close with a supershotgun and duck down there a peice of cake. Plus if u have a gunner on the ground they will be hit by there own or some others grenade. use the light soldiers and the chain gun guys as bait or distraction from those biggers ones or protecting a tank guy..

Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:54 am
Gunners. You gotta get close with a SSG to kill em easy, and they tend to fire grens at you when you're on your way... Two grens or so and you're dead.

SG soldiers can be painful if you don't have any armor, however.

Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:06 pm
Personnaly I completely panic when I'm under the "fire" of a parasite, particulary on dark places. But I also think that the gunner is really cool ;)

Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:24 pm
i heardly ever get hit with a grenade tho

Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:26 pm
Personnaly I completely panic when I'm under the "fire" of a parasite, particulary on dark places.

Glad I'm not the only one. That still freaks me out a bit. I think it's the "GET IT OFF!" gut reaction.

Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:23 am
i used to panic but then i learned if u walk behind something it breaks the cord and half the time they cant figure out how to get to u around the corner so u just take them out from there

Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:17 pm
i hate parasites, when i know one is close by, i will find some place high up (on a crate or something) and shoot down at it, because of course you all know that parasites can't hurt you if you are above them! sometimes i stand on their heads and just blast away and they can't do anything about it :)

Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:32 pm

Have you ever seen their idle animation? It's pretty cool. Drop the console and type in 'notarget' so monsters won't see you; then go find one. I got a good laugh out of it. Now you know what that noise is they make before they see you.

:D

Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:25 am
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next