Last visit was: Thu May 09, 2024 12:58 am It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 A strogg you can fear 0_o Poll 

Which is the most effective Strogg monster?
Poll ended at Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:00 am
Shotgun/machinegun Soldier 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Gunner 37%  37%  [ 7 ]
Parasite 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Tank Commander 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Gladiator 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
Jorg + Makron 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19
Yeah, i found some who didn´t notice me and saw them playing with their fingers on the ground. :o You can hear them making click-click, but never realize what they´re really doing!

Whatever, just bored. :shock:

Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:01 am
The coolest part is when they scratch behind their ears. I get a kick out of that for some reason... it seems so out of place.

Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:40 am
Parasites CAN hurt you if you're above them... They even can shoot through the corner of a box or something =)

I also hate parasites.. but they still aren't as deadly as gunners, I don't think.

And mutants/kitties/the big brown howling things scratch their butt for their idle animation ;)

Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:34 am
well i never been hurt above em and nver seem them shoot throught the corner of a box. Half the time they can find u throught the corner

Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:17 am
Ya. I like Infantry's (Enforcer's) idle animation, cool for screenshots.
Also when the tank makes a kill, it´s hit-the-ground animation is very nice 8)

Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:02 pm
Also when the tank makes a kill, it´s hit-the-ground animation is very nice 8)

Something I've seen too many times. :? :D

Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:22 pm
He he he Crusard, now I understand the sense of this poll : your new map underwork with XmlRules is full of ... gunners and parasites ;)

I've just tryed it, but haven't progress very far, it sound really cool. If I understand you, you want a separate saved inventory for this map (or map pack). If yes, it need some little PHP work, but it's possible.

Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:02 pm
Post hmh
Hmmm, not really... This post was just for fun. :D
Anyway, This XML rules I made was just to be included in the Coop Or Die universe. But I´ll need the inventory not to be saved for when I make the real maps (If I ever do :? ). A misc_actor entity would be nice too. (I want it, I want it!!! :twisted: )

Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:08 pm
Although I've never really played Q2 except for couple of levels (exception: SPAQ: LE, which is basically Q2 with ActionQ2 weapons and physics), I consider the gunners most effective. Parasites freak me out, and I don't really like the medics, either.
Apart from that, killing a tank with a single knife (slash) and by kicking him gives me some great "kick"... Too bad they're so slow. ;)
Please bear in mind that I'm not used to fighting these creatures with the normal Q2 weapons, so perhaps my views don't really matter here.

Once I get a new video card, I'm going to give COOP or Die a try, I really like the concept. Yet, I'll have to admit that I'm more for the physics and armoury of AQ2, so COOP or Die combined with SPAQ: LE would be a God's gift for me. Well, or maybe not... It would be pretty much impossible to beat the game with a single life that way. :roll:

Barracudas used to scare the living hell out of me until recently, when playing SPAQ on some level... I think it was city1 or the level before it. I fell into a "river" full of barracudas, and armed with a single pistol and a knife, I fought my way out of there. I felt so good afterwards that those things don't boggle my mind like they used to do. :)

Sorry for going off topic here!
Oh, and I voted for the gunners.

Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:33 pm
Where's the Icarus in the list? He zaps you to death.

Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:37 pm
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next