Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 5:28 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC

[ 7 posts ] 
 bug 
Post bug
i was comming back to the security complex afet snagging hte pyramid key and the door that leads to the bridge will not open!

Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:17 am
I second that! But it sure was cool how I had to drop down to the right... And then when I was goign to get to the actual pyramid I had to jump out of the window because the door on the bottom was closed too!

That is a cool bug, or that is cool xml added stuff...

Pat, I think you should lock more doors. Make people jump down to get to some places. Make people go up the hard way... Do it more often, that was funny!

Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:51 am
That is a cool bug, or that is cool xml added stuff...
Pat, I think you should lock more doors. Make people jump down to get to some places. Make people go up the hard way... Do it more often, that was funny!

I know nothing about what you talk, there is no specific XmlRules in this map. The only thing I maybe must take care is about adding item to drop on monsters.

Do you know a map where a monster drop an important item, like a key or something similar ?
Because in this case there is a possibility that this item was replaced by an ammo (10% chance). Currently the random drop items are added without taking care if there is a previous item to drop defined by the map designer.

Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:50 pm
I think, that only happens once. But not in exactly on a monster, but an insane, which is sort of.

It´s a crucified marine in one of the jail levels, which when you sadly kill him :cry: , gives you the security pass.

Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:58 pm
Do you know a map where a monster drop an important item, like a key or something similar ?

After verification (a "find in file" in all the *.map) I can say that there is zero key in "item" field of any monster entitie, all are in trigger_key and have their own entitie. Therefore, it's sad, but the insane in the jail level could reveal a lot of stuff ... good weapons :(

Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:26 pm
damn i always kill insane just on the off chance they have sometihng helpfull.. Since the ammo famine it has made some people desperate..

Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:10 pm
i think it was a one time bug i restarted the map and it worked all though i had to take care of a tank and flyers then jump across the bridge. I didnt know where to go so i whent to the detention center and then someone joined and were on mission 1 so i left and now i have to start from the begining : (

Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:22 pm
 [ 7 posts ]