Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:36 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Coopordie player tounament 
Champion in solo and duo and trio and quartet

Post Re: Coopordie player tounament
Oh, a DeathMatch tournament... how lovely! Still, I've got a lot of things to say about it:

Firstly, you should consider yourself very lucky if you get at least 8 players playing in this tournament, as it's pretty difficult to organise it at a time when everyone can be online.

Secondly, I don't think Pat can be the referee of the tournament. Why? Two simple reasons: first of all, he's too busy to spend so much time on being the referee of this tournament. Secondly, he doesn't have so much experience of playing Quake 2 at all :P. He mostly modded coopordie, but I don't think he played Coop (and even DM!) that much at all.

After that, you'd better not make it an 1v1/2v2/etc tournament. Why? Because of these reasons:
1) The smart, but also coward player :lol:, can just run around and collect all the armor/ammo and then charge on the other one (the kind of "fair" Quake 1v1 matches). This would make the game boring but it's not a cheat at all.
2) What the hell! Quake 2 is a game of RUSHING! All you have to do is just run around and shoot as many enemies as possible :lol:. And having a teammate would make it difficult, as in example whenever I see an enemy I just shoot automatically at him/her and that would break the "team spirit" and the fun of the game , because I'd have to wait/think before shooting. (For Quake 2, waiting and thinking before killing someone is something not agreed! :lol:)

On a final note (also see the next paragraph), I guess you'd have to ally up with everyone to take me down xD (I hope I'm not being too selfish) or anyone that's really good, as in the DM matches rushing has no limits.

metalgamer1997 wrote:
(BTW, i know that andrei is going to win the tournament :D)

Oh well... I've got a high chance of doing so xD.
Unless Mik1 trains hardly for playing Q2 DM just to beat me up.

And about hosting, I guess I may host the server.. as my internet connection is pretty decent and I may host a Quake 2 server outside Coopordie.

Oh dang... you did it. You persuaded me get Quake 2 again after so much time (about 2 weeks). Actually, inform me when this tournament will take place, at least 2 days before it so that I may have time to read the forum/set Quake 2 up.

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:05 pm Profile YIM

mik1 wrote:
I cant say im interested to ...

what am i doing?

What i meant to say was i cant say im not interested (double negative).

Gotta make things a bit more confuzing but i quess you got what i meant to say.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:20 am Profile

Oh, a DeathMatch tournament... how lovely! Still, I've got a lot of things to say about it:

Quote:
Firstly, you should consider yourself very lucky if you get at least 8 players playing in this tournament, as it's pretty difficult to organise it at a time when everyone can be online.

perhaps i will be lucky :P

Quote:
Secondly, he doesn't have so much experience of playing Quake 2 at all :P
he doesn`t have to play because hes the ref who watches if players do not cheat, swear and else. That`s the important part of the tour.

Quote:
On a final note (also see the next paragraph), I guess you'd have to ally up with everyone to take me down xD (I hope I'm not being too selfish) or anyone that's really good, as in the DM matches rushing has no limits.

yeh, dm is for rushing. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES or have a good accuary otherwise.

Quote:
And about hosting, I guess I may host the server.. as my internet connection is pretty decent and I may host a Quake 2 server outside Coopordie.

about that.. if, for example, I play against scorch, then i might be able to join him and then we play in his server.but if delta plays against cristi or tutter, then we need your or scorch`s server. Oh, also silentyuki`s server can be the place for a match.. ;)

however, like i said, The excistance of the tour depends on PAT.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:34 pm Profile

Well... the problems is that I don't think he will be there with us.
It would be the best to do it by ourselves.

Edit 1: And about swearing/cheating... I don't think it's the case :).

Join Coopordie's Discord Server.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:07 pm Profile YIM

Quote:
Well... the problems is that I don't think he will be there with us.
It would be the best to do it by ourselves.

well we might see what pat says about this.
BTW, we have already a complete player slot list, but if we can get more, then we might try to get more ;)

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:12 pm Profile

OK, it`s decided. The tournament`s signing up is over. We have 8 players and that`s pretty enough. Next step can be the raffling. You and I might wonder who will you play against. :P Just hope that your enemy will NOT BE ANDREI :P
I might be the raffler. When I`ll be done raffling then the tour`s tree will be ready and we will decide the time when the match starts.
yeah, i agree that we can do this without pat, and referee could be anyone. For ref`s I vote scorch, me :P and andrei.
The player servers where players can have a match - scorch`s, silentyuki`s and andrei`s.
GET READY! WARMUP WITH BOTS FIRST BEFORE HAVING A MATCH!
By the way, the cup of the tour`s winner should be added by PAT, that would be his only work here.
Also - The tour`s name - COOPORDIE TOURNAMENT August 2012
One more thing - we have one problem - ref needs to be a spectator, but how can he join spectators? Maybe he should have a noclip cheat on? xD

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:26 pm Profile

Hurrai I'm in! Hope it fits on my agenda and stuff but I see most of you online during my bit of playtime so that should work.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:38 pm Profile

Indeed, tutter. ;)
By the way, I need a Raffling ref who sees who is raffled in the slot. The best ref can be andrei for this. ;)
And about raffling - i will also raffle in which map and which server the players play.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:44 pm Profile

Quote:
Secondly, I don't think Pat can be the referee of the tournament. Why? Two simple reasons: first of all, he's too busy to spend so much time on being the referee of this tournament.
Secondly, he doesn't have so much experience of playing Quake 2 at all :P. He mostly modded coopordie, but I don't think he played Coop (and even DM!) that much at all.

LOL what a mistake! you have too secondlies! xD

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm Profile
Admin

ANDREI wrote:
I don't think Pat can be the referee of the tournament.
+1

ANDREI wrote:
first of all, he's too busy to spend so much time on being the referee of this tournament.
+10

ANDREI wrote:
Secondly, he doesn't have so much experience of playing Quake 2 at all :P
+100 :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:16 pm Profile WWW
 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next