Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 5:49 am It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC

[ 10 posts ] 
 how do you disable challenge mode and make the game easier?? 
Post how do you disable challenge mode and make the game easier??
I hate challenge mode and I want to disable it. Tell me how please.

Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:26 am
go to the coop or die website and then login go edit ur profile click the radio button/checkbox that says softcore. This way if u die u dont loose ur position but u do loose all ur inventory

**edit**
this will not make the game easier but u dont get as punished for dieing.

Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:53 am
it's still annoying though, because you can't really have a "random" co-op game anymore, because it's incredibly irritating when one person dies and everyone else has to go back to the start map with him. there should be 2 modes of play seletable: challenge mode, and regular mode (the way coopordie used to be).

Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:30 am
Hey Diluted, maybe you and I should download an older version (I think it's on a site, search in yahoo or google "quake 2, coop" (without the quotation marks.) and let's download an older version. I like svencoop (co-op mod for half-life) is way better then this. New maps, new monsters, new weapons, new textures, new models, etc.

go to http://www.aftermoon.net/ to download older versions.

Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:09 am
Hey Diluted, maybe you and I should download an older version

Older version won't work with the actual WorlServer.

diluted wrote:
it's still annoying though, because you can't really have a "random" co-op game anymore, because it's incredibly irritating when one person dies and everyone else has to go back to the start map with him. there should be 2 modes of play seletable: challenge mode, and regular mode (the way coopordie used to be).

I agree with you diluted. I don't like the current state of hardcore/softcore.

What I plan :

Regular mode will become the standard, like the actual softcore work. Progressively all the players will have all the maps, so playing coop with everybody will be more easy. The goal will turn to an item quest, because I will remove most of the big items and only let them in certain place, like the supershotgun in the secret map of MISSION 1. Step by step new secret maps will be added (anything to say about this Crusard ?).

The challenge mode (actual hardcore) will become marginal, only for crazy gamers :D but there will have a reward. I'm not actually sure, but I plan to add the 4 CTF bonus on COOP or DIE. Makron Slayers in Challenge mode will have the possibility to turn to Regular mode, but they will choose one of the bonus, for permanent use (even if they death).

The Regular mode is also a challenge, because at each death (now I say wounded, not died) you will loose your inventory, in combination to "good items/hard to find" you will continue to progress with cautious ;)

PS : ammo drop will probably be increased, and new monsters depending players numbers will be progressively added to all maps.

Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:56 am
so in regular mode, if you die, you just get sent back to the beginning of the current map, not all the way back to the startmap? that's what i was thinking, like the way CoopOrDie used to be. so it would be less annoying if you are playing with 4 people, and 1 person dies, all 4 have to go back to the startmap. i hate that :D Instead it should be, if 1 person dies, he goes back to the beginning of the map, and the others just continue playing.

And also... I was going to try to beat the game with 1 life... I'm up the MISSION 3 already, and now I just noticed that I am set to "Regular mode", does this mean i have to start over again ? I changed my profile to Challenge Mode, so if I beat the game with 1 life does it count? Or do I have to die first for challenge mode to take effect? :( I hope all that work wasn't for nothing

Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:54 pm
it should be like sven-coop. Where if you die you lose all your inventory, but you start from the same place. No loading/exiting, etc.

Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:16 am
...there will have a reward. I'm not actually sure, but I plan to add the 4 CTF bonus on COOP...

hmm you are talking about the CTF Runes right ? Thats a good idea

Quote:
And also... I was going to try to beat the game with 1 life... I'm up the MISSION 3 already, and now I just noticed that I am set to "Regular mode", does this mean i have to start over again ? I changed my profile to Challenge Mode, so if I beat the game with 1 life does it count? Or do I have to die first for challenge mode to take effect? I hope all that work wasn't for nothing

Sorry but you have to die to enable the changes.

Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:39 am
oh well i already died heheh a "chick" surprised me and hit me in the face with a rocket :(

Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:55 pm

You start from unit 1 in softcore for some reason or another [say you just started coop or die], and then you accidentally beat the game in one life... a bonus should still be in order :)

Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:39 am
 [ 10 posts ]