Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 8:28 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC

[ 10 posts ] 
 Coop or Die Dedicated Server? 
Post Coop or Die Dedicated Server?
Me and acouple friends were wondering if its possible to run a dedicated server. We have access to dual T1's and want to set up a server for our CLAN. Is there a way to do it with version .3?

Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:25 am
do u want to run a dedicated worldserver for private use? very possible... but i think it would be kewler if u have the ability.. remake the world server for deathmatch that way u can save player statiscs, inter server chatting, leave msg's for players, no one else could steal a registered player name, and all sorts of stuff. but if ur clan is a coop based clan then just keep it as it is.

Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:43 am
Well it would be a public server, probably have two running, one for coop game and another for deathmatch. We want to use the Worldserver so we can track scores and all that jazz. Just dont know the process...

Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:39 am
I thought there was a tutorial somewhere... hunt around the wiki?
wiki.aftermoon.net

Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:36 pm
Post Re: Coop or Die Dedicated Server?
MaguS wrote:
Me and acouple friends were wondering if its possible to run a dedicated server... Is there a way to do it with version 0.3 ?

Of course.
* Create an account on the COOP or DIE web page
* run a dedicated server with the game and wsrv_url cvar correctly set (see coopordie.bat)
* type in the console : sv wsrv_login YourName YourPass
That's all, your dedicated server for COOP or DIE is running
You can join it with another account, and all the COOP or DIE players too.

Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:48 pm
Is it possible to get a walk through? I keep on trying but it seems to hang, I cant get the game to login to the worldserver. Thanks for all the help :)

Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:52 pm

Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:00 pm
Hmm Is there anything special that must be done to create a server on Linus? We get it running but it seems not to find the mod at all.

Keeps giving us a wsrv_login unknown command error?

Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:09 am
i just noticed the size diff the mods gamex86.dll has over the standard

are there plans to make a linux binary ?

Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:39 am
are there plans to make a linux binary ?

Not by me because I'm too busy (by RL and by AfterMoon). But if somebody want to work on that, I will help. It probably won't be very difficult for a coder, just some little piece of code about winsock are non-portable. But if you add some clean
Code:
#ifdef __linux__
:
:
#endif

I will integrate your code in my dll

Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:45 pm
 [ 10 posts ]