Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 5:14 am It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC

[ 7 posts ] 
 OK, I admit it's annoying 
Post OK, I admit it's annoying
Yesterday I have played with Diluted and OhYeah and I must admit that it wasn't an ideal game :
1/ At start, I was on my notebook, on my lan, behind a NAT, so unreachable by OhYeah
2/ After launched a dedicated server on the gateway PC we were blocked several times by the WSAECONNRESET bug (I'm under win XP)
3/ After started to play, OhYeah was killed ... return to StartMap, then I was killed ... return to StartMap, then ... :(
4/ When we were ready and re-equiped, Diluted enter the game ... return to StartMap !!!
5/ Then, Diluted and OhYeah were stucked several times (spawn point bug)
6/ Then, it was late, I must go to bed ... :/

So, I will correct the WSAECONNRESET bug and provide a standard Q2 engine with the bug fix (maybe I will also recompile Q2max with the fix).
I will also change some things for the next release :
- no return to startmap when a player dying and when a player join a game.
- Correction of the stuck bug (help, link, or suggestion about this bug are welcome)

* go Pat, work on your code, slash, slash * ;)

Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:34 pm

When I type wrsv_login MajorPain *******, it says Unabled to Login to WorldServer : No Reply. How can I fix this problem, as I am eager to try this mod.

Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:17 am
gawd thank you so much... i hated always goign to the startmap

Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:19 am
Yea, I hate going back to the start map just because you people suck so bad at this game! Come on you guys its not that hard, I beat this game on my Nintendo 64 yesterday, and I had no joystick nor mouse, my N64 controller's joystick was beaten down so CRUELY by mario party players.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hehehehe, I know not everyone has the free time on their hands to play Quake so much, and become good at it. But seriously, not everyone has the free tiem on their hands to learn how to play Quake, but you people don't have to bring me down to your level, LITERALLY, I'm at mission 9, a long mission, I almost beat it, then some dude joins my game and before I can explain to him, he runs into the first mission and RUINS my saved game, and I have to go do the stupid mission 9 again. To make it even worse, this person who just joined my game dies within 50 seconds of us playing the first level! there should be a limit here... were mission1 people can not play with people who are 2 missions higher than them, unless their game just started below 10 minutes ago.

I just want a play a game with somebody from California with some ping below 100, so we can have a non-laggy fun time.

Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:43 pm
thanks pat, im looking forward to the next version :)

Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:19 pm

Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:06 am
Yeah Pat, somebody, help me please!

Check the +set wsrv_url http://rpc.aftermoon.net parameter in your Quake2 command line and retry, sometime the worldservr could be down, due to downtime of the worldserver web host.

Moderator note : the next time create a new thread for a technical problem, it's better than posting in an existing thread with a different subject.

Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:41 pm
 [ 7 posts ]