Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 5:00 pm It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC

[ 4 posts ] 
 Need of new development XML rules loading... 
Post Need of new development XML rules loading...
I need better XML Rules testing, Pat. I want to perfect mission 1 so that it is funner to play than on single player & that it is not TOO hard...

The problem is, I download the XML rules from here: http://rpc.aftermoon.net/xmlrules/ and I use this command line to start the game:
Code:
C:\Quake2\Quake2maX.exe +set game coopordie +set xmlrules xmlrules_map_base1.xml +skill 3 +map base1
. However, I need to set up the game to use the other XML rules as well... somewhere you said that your server automatically does this for you, and I need to do it too. Another thing is... you messed up on the "xmlrules_map_base1.xml" becuase you combined both of our files together when: my file was made to overwrite yours (while keeping the same server-side messages). Finally, I have just realized that, when I die while testing an XML file, the game freezes because it doesn't know what to do from there...

I want to do what Crusard is doing, I want to help and make COOP or DIE as much fun as I can! Can you please make a developers edition COOP or DIE that automatically loads the exact same XML files that you use? There should be a "xmlrules.cfg" that can contain the contents:

setxmlrules "xmlrules_generic_*"
setxmlrules "xmlrules_map_?"

Where * means: load all xml files with that prefix. Where ? means: load the xml file with the prefix "xmlrules_map_" and replace the ? with the name of the map. Maybe you could use another symbol to replace "?"...

In other news, I am going to beat COOP or DIE on a new account for the 4th time... because I can! I want to go find the 2nd secret level! I will make a pac-man-like secret level where you have to collect all the armor shards while killing the enemies.

-JudicatorOmega

Mon May 26, 2003 1:54 am
Post Re: Need of new development XML rules loading...
JudicatorOmega wrote:
I need better XML Rules testing,
:
There should be a "xmlrules.cfg" that can contain the contents:

setxmlrules "xmlrules_generic_*"
setxmlrules "xmlrules_map_?"

I think that something like "xmlrules_%map" with %map replaced by the current map name + a xmlrules_generic.xml already loaded could be enought. I will code that in the next version.

JudicatorOmega wrote:
In other news, I am going to beat COOP or DIE on a new account for the 4th time... because I can !

Hum, it's time to add support for new maps !

JudicatorOmega wrote:
I want to go find the 2nd secret level !

He he, go go go, it is now more easy to find, but be equiped before trying it, because it isn't a piece of cake :D

JudicatorOmega wrote:
I will make a pac-man-like secret level where you have to collect all the armor shards while killing the enemies.

I want to see that :shock:

Mon May 26, 2003 10:30 pm
I think that something like "xmlrules_%map" with %map replaced by the current map name + a xmlrules_generic.xml already loaded could be enought. I will code that in the next version.

Yes, exactly! I LOVE IT! Good Idea! Please make sure the XML file changes when the map changes too: currently, every time I beat the map with XML rules, the next map is messed up. I just noticed that when I die in an offline XML rule test game, QuakeII crashes.

In any way, making cool new ways to suprise & destroy innocent softcore players is always fun! I have seen some dead bodies in places where I hid some monsters, and I haven't even sent you the XML files that have been on my hard drive for 3+ months!!!

I have been taking it extremely easy in my new COOP or DIE account, I had to kill myself to change myself to hardcore. I got stopped by another locked door, but atleast I get to keep the super shotgun and machine gun that I earned.

There is a very nasty bug in COOP or DIE right now. It is very obvious for people who just created a new account... Or maybe only experienced players (conservative ammo peoples) will notice... It shouldn't take long to notice this bug after you get a shotgun and are nearly running out of ammo... But what can I say? I LOVE IT, yet it is not supposed to happen to people like me!

Thu May 29, 2003 1:41 am
Yeah, reminds me of Lazarus' blaster pickup...

Fri May 30, 2003 12:38 am
 [ 4 posts ]