Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 pm It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC

[ 3 posts ] 
 Re: Juming about within / around missions 
Champion in solo

Post Re: Juming about within / around missions
Hi all,

After 6 deaths and getting to Mission 8 then walking into a series (2 sets) of grenades! I decided to take my time. I've only finished the game twice (once in 1990s and last month) so have been taking notes on secrets and getting jumps right (the laser trap on Mission 5 is a good example) and finding where most of the secrets are (esp. quad, armour and Invul.). Quite a bit of Mission jumping 8-)

I've been skipping back and forth through the Missions and have a good guide now. I've also tried various engines - Classic Q2, EGL - kept crashing, unable to get Q2Pro to work with KMQuake2 (but not 3rd person) appearing the best for me ;)

Another thing I've been doing is using Regular mode, as my tester, before taking the Challenge Mode Missions. I've also been using my own game's maps to get to grips with some of the harder areas. I'm doing Mission 9 now, and it's a bit confusing - but, I've got the rough outline of my journey plan almost there. This is also good for getting a good amount of ammo and decent weapons :D

So, a lot of connections and quite a bit of time. By the time I've completed this, it'll be one of the slowest - as in effect I've completed it twice (once in Regular and the other in Challenge). I'm learning as I go along - not easy with the way coop is set up. Presumably, this is all allowed.

Anyway, I'll soon have completed the whole campaign without dying - although it will have taken me a lot of hours and many connections! I might go through the whole thing again, using my handy guide, and see how it goes.

When finished: I'd like to join others to complete it combined - that would be fun. However, I need to get through all the Palaces and Super Tanks, before getting the Big Boss and being awarded my Star!

Will send a message when I've completed the campaign in Challenge Mode - possibly this weekend, depending upon how the practice / Regular sessions go for Missions 9 and 10.

bean$ 8-)

Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:36 am Profile
Champion in solo

Actually I'll have completed it three times:

1. In my single player game with saves at difficult areas / jumps / lava :)
2. In Regular Mode (my practice mode) &
3. In Campaign Mode - the real challenge! :D

I'd only ever completed it (I think) twice before on non-coop mode. bean$ 8-)

Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:52 pm Profile
Champion in solo

Crashed twice now! Just as I get to the security pass and deactivate yellow lasers - almost finished the Mission. It worked in Regular OK, but not in Challenge Mode. Most of my grenades, slugs and rockets have now gone! Hope it does not happen a third time, as this is quite heavy in getting those Super Tanks and I no longer have 100 grenades.

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:22 pm Profile
 [ 3 posts ]